World Cup 2022

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by BarryWhite, Jun 13, 2014.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

And I missed another key decision. Six days ago FIFA did a U-turn and approved the COVID-era standard of 26 man rosters for Qatar 2022 instead of returning to the 23 man limit pre-COVID. Final rosters are due 30 days before the opening match on October 20th, so by my questionable math, that's September 20th....right? At midnight? Arabia Standard Time? Greenwich Mean Time? The Chamorro Time Zone? I suppose some enterprising journalist will inform us when the time draws nigh.

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/ne...teams-will-have-three-extra-players-in-qatar/

nevzter likes this.
  2. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

You're a month early. The World Cup starts on November 21. And yes, I'm sure there will be many articles speculating on the roster leading up to late October. I don't know how the managers will handle the additional subs, but it certainly gives them a chance to cycle some players. Given that this is the pinnacle of world football, it may not make much of a difference in team selection.

3. jumpkutz

YOU ARE CORRECT SIR! ed and johnny.PNG

nevzter likes this.
  4. jumpkutz

What?
    WHAT????
    Just one more reason FIFA really screwed the pooch on this decision. I wonder if the girls and boys running InBev knew this when FIFA awarded the WC to Qatar back in December of 2010. I’m willing to bet a lot of suds swilling European supporters are gonna stay home and watch it on the telly for this reason alone. Wonder how those ticket sales are going?

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/qatar-world-cup-stadiums-alcohol-122728153.html

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

No surprise here. Qatar was a bad joke from the beginning.