Who should play?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dcheather, Apr 2, 2013.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Which young player would you like to see feature in the line-up once we are guaranteed safety?

I know we will most likely see Frimpong now that Sidwell will be out. Who else?

Small Frei?

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Frimpong is a good bet - should try to entice him to secure a permanent move. Play Stockdale.

3. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Frimpong seems a near certainty and I wouldn't be overly surprised if he is the only young player for the next few matches unless it is Frei. At some point I would like to see Enoh.

4. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

The only options available are Frei, Frimpong and Enoh. Since we're potentially trying to recruit the last two, I'd say them. All of our other youngsters are on loan. Perhaps we'll see an Academy callup? I rather doubt it.

I'd like to see Frei and either Frimpong or Enoh. Whoever is better and/or whoever we're most likely to be able to keep for next year. I hope we don't keep both of them as we have plenty of defensive mids. We need a cm that has some offensive skill.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Frimpong and Frei for me. If Frei doesn't start, I'm guessing he's gone at the end of the season.

6. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

From Jol's comments and the fact that he's been moved up to travelling with the team (even if he didn't make the bench), I think Mesca may have a shot. Once Jol thinks we've achieved a safe point total, I wouldn't be surprised if the kid makes the bench and ultimately comes in as a late sub in one of our final matches. I hope that happens. I've heard quite a bit about him and would like to see him in action, however limited that may be.

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The more he has played, Urby has looked pretty dynamic, but Jol say it's an "impossibility of a purchase" or is that just coach speak? As in 'we would love to have him, if Milan would drop the price by 4 or 5 million'.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/14216 ... al?cc=5901