We Suck and Can't Hold a Lead, Part 937

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by ChicagoFan, Jan 12, 2008.

1. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

If it weren't for being so dehydrated from the continual alcohol abuse brought on by this season so far, I'd be crying right now.

2. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

RE: We Suck and Can

We got our lead in the 8th minute and lost it before half-time; it's hardly the same as our typical 80+ minute collapse. West Ham is a better team and we gave them a good fight in their house. With any luck at all, we've have gotten the draw; with a bit of luck, we'd have won it.

3. Jacob

Jacob New Member

RE: We Suck and Can

Not notable to anyone at the table in the pub I did shed a tear, we are going down. I've been drinking since the game started and don't really plan on stopping until the night ends. They don't tell you about all this when you sign up as a bleeding Fulham fan.

4. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Please tell me you weren't drinking with Aubrey that whole time, Jacob. That would make any person cry Jager and PBR soaked tears.

I have some faith that we will pull through in the end. As far as I could gather from our cell phone updates **damn BH and their screwy scheduling** at West Ham, we lost Boca, some steam and our lead. Unfortunate. In general, we have had a difficult season coming together as a team (hard to do when your skipper is subpar). Future is a little scary when we are trying to gel with a new manager while facing a relegation battle and forging ahead without a true leader on the team (I cry to the heavens each night "McBRIDE!!!").

I hope we can get the fire back we had at the beginning of this season. I remember last year we got a little soggy, but we eventually pulled through the muck (I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Liddypool...BTW- Jacob- I never finished telling you THAT story...the one about the L'pool supporter who tried to pick me up at the BH while his ex-girlfriend (whom he was still sleeping with) and his new interest (whom he slept with the night before) were there...it's a classic!, but I digress). I'm going to remain hopeful...and hope I get to go to the Cottage in April!!

-Ters

5. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

To say this season is disappointly gut wrenching would not even begin to explain the pain it has caused most supporters. Every match day I rise early to watch my beloved Fulham play and I am continually disappointed. My roommates, not football enthusiasts in the least, have even begun to feel sorry for me.

I desperately want somebody or a result to give me hope that we'll stay up, but I can't see one on the horizon. Players are turning down Fulham left and right, continually losing early leads and the inability to keep pressure off Niemi... It is not looking good and if there is any small glimmer of hope that anyone else has been hanging onto this season... please feel free to share it with the rest of us.

6. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

we arent newcastle...?

7. Jacob

Jacob New Member

I'd take a 6-0 thrashing and be in 11th than be in 15th with a 6 point difference from safety.

Year Terri, I watched the crazy Man U game with Aubrey. We got some mexican food and I...got home. I woke up around 7:30 in marietta unable to move. That guy is dangerous.

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Try this for a Saturday...

The team I coach played in a tourney this weekend (w/2 games on Sat. thus unable to follow the FFC match). The first game our girls dominate, but miss 3 sitters (one of which was a carbon copy of Beasley's Gold Cup miss) and tie 0-0. The second match 3 hours later looks to be another nil-nil final, but w/10 minutes to go a free kick that is going to be saved by my daughter is owned-goaled when our rb decides to make a play on the ball and knocks it in.

I get into the car and my Seahawks score to make it 14-0. By the time I finish the 15 minute drive from Anaheim the Packers had tied it. I turn on the TV and the computer and read the all too familiar game reports from Upton Park, all the while watching the Hawks get their asses kicked.

I would like to thank ChicagoFan and ClevelandMo for making me laugh, and the makers of Crown Royal for giving me something to cry into.