Waking Disorder?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Smokin', Dec 13, 2005.

1. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

Anyone have a problem waking up in the morning?

I have no issue falling asleep, i get more than 6 hours a night, but I still cant seem to drag myself out of bed. No matter what I try I fail to have enough sense of responsibility when i first open my eyes to get out of bed on time everyday.

I've never had this problem, I've always been the type to get up and be on time every morning... I dont quite understand, i go to bed everyday thinking I can change my habit, but when morning comes I'm half retarded until its too late.

Recently I've tried sleep aids to get more sleep and go to be earlier... having my girlfriend sleep over and try to wake me. Having a night cap, moving my alarm, exercising, among others...

Anyone with advice... or who just want to yell at me and call me a pathetic loser?

2. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

i think that the standard should be 8 hours a night...a noisy housemate with a bad head in the morning usually does the trick too....has 'the flange' tried to wake you in a more energetic way?!

3. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

yeah... when we're done I'm just tired with jelly legs instead.

I'm thinking its that I hate my job so much that I can care less that they fire me... problem is, I could use every cent that I can possibly earn from there, yet even money doesnt motivate me.

I've never been a piece of crap before. I might need to go to therapy.

4. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

I'd also like to add that I WOULD get up pretty early in the morning to help you dump her in the river thames and would enjoy an after breakfast cup of coffee with you to relish in that mornings events.

5. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

I've had the same thing for awhile now. I get up earlier on Saturday's and Sunday's than I do on Monday. the alarm goes off, and then I lay in bed, listen to Tony Kornheiser (and I don't even like him) for about an hour, then read some stuff, get dressed, wander around the house and then finally get out to get to work.

Since I'm leaving, i don't care if I'm fired either, i came in at 10:30 today.

I'm going to start going to museums on my lunch break i think.

6. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

Perhaps is the misery caused by my terrible Government job?

That could be it, but I was always able to force myself for the sake of structure...

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I have a problem waking up on weekdays around 4:00-4:30 and not being able to sleep anymore until I finally get out of bed around 6:20 or so. It sucks. I am continuosly thinking about all the work I have to do that day and it makes for me not to be able to sleep. It effin' blows!

8. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I had the "wakin' and worryin'" syndrome for a long time... then realized if I kept the TV on some channel THAT WASNT SHOWING @#@@#$@#$ INFOMERCIALS all night, I'd go right back to sleep without thinking about the job I had to do next day.. or the bill I needed to pay.

Or my kids

Or my dad.. who suffers from the same thing but is too damn ornery to try it.

but that's just me....

- - - -- - -- - - - - - - - - - - - -
    But for YOU... I dunno exactly what your skillset is, but have you considered that your problem might be boredom.. rather than just hating the particular job you're doing, or the Idjits you're working with?

I'd suggest getting the gaps filled that would allow you to work with a 'consultancy firm' like CoreTech

I worked for them on a closed-end quick turnaround Call Center installation and enjoyed it.

And think about it.. six months or so, and move on.
    PLUS lotsa free training

9. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

we've all been there smokin' hun...i hated my last job so much that i was restless and just had no joy in waking up on a work morning...even though i needed the money, i have learnt since that job satisfaction does really contribute too as cheesy as it sounds...get out there and find out what else there is, your worth more.

can we dump the dog too?!

10. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

Oh... don't worry... the rat gets it...

11. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

12. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Wow, I sooooo mis-read 'waking disorder' and thought it was something else entirely different. Shows where my mind is at!

13. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

Wanking or whacking?

The fact that you thought you might have something to add makes for more humor... if I ever come across that (not meant to be a pun) problem I'll contact you directly.