Villa v Everton

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by RidgeRider, Dec 7, 2008.

1. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Wow!! What a finish! That was a best final two minutes to a match I have seen yet. Hope you all got to see it. :D

2. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I did!!! Sweet Jesus, what a finish!!!

EVERTON, THAT'S WHY YOU PLAY DEFENSE UNTIL THE FINAL WHISTLE!!!!

3. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Speaking of Jesus, I was 10 mintues late to Church because I couldn't leave the house before it was over......ooops, hopeuflly I will be forgiven. :wink:

Jagielka's lazy pass back to Howard was the pivotal moment of the game for me, not sure how he didn't see Young out of the corner of his eye, of course not playing defense, as you noted Steve, till the end clearly killed them but boy was it exciting.

Does anyone know if there is a big rivalry between these clubs? It was a very physical match.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I haven't seen the match yet, but I'll be watching it some time this week. You had to know that these two teams would have a barnburner. A shame about Jagielka. He and Timmy have been the only consistently dependable members of Everton's defense.

As far as "a big rivalry," certainly nowhere as big as Everton-Liverpool or Villa-Birmingham, but Everton and Aston Villa have met more in the top flight [Old First Division/Current EPL] than any two teams in the history of the Football League.

5. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Definitely check it out Don. Young's finish on the last play of the game was awesome! It was just a great match to watch. Just watched the 2nd half again. Wow.

6. Jensers

Jensers New Member

I saw the highlights on the review show. I thought I had it recorded - I wanted to see Howard and Freidel. The Highlights showed plenty tho...

They were both solid. On every goal the defense hung em.