Veteran's Day

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Clevelandmo, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I'm putting this on kind of late but I just wanted to post a little tribute to our veterans. Those of us who have never served or have never had to serve cannot appreciate those that do or did enough. We owe our armed forces, past and present, so much.

With recent wars, I think our courntry has made an unfortunate change for the worse. A small percent of our men and women carry the burden of fighting for our freedom and the rest of us are asked to do nothing - make no sacrifices. So I suggest, in honor of our veterans we all give back, sacrifice our time, money, or something for the betterment of our country. You decide and remember these words:

When eating bamboo sprouts, remember the man who planted them.
    Chinese proverb.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: you're a class act, Mo.

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

agreed. mo, bravo.

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

guys, this thread is to honor veterans not me - start another thread for that.

5. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Thanks Mo for the good words.

Also, please remember my former OH Nat'l Guard unit in your prayers, they just mobilized this week to go back to Iraq for round 2. Some of my former soldiers are now sergeants and staff sergeants and in charge of leading the 19 year olds of today. I really shouldn't post a link because of OPSEC, but take my word for it, MPs are going back for more. So, good luck XXX MP CO from Cleveland, Goodspeed and make it happen.

6. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

I know I'm late on this and feel ashamed I didn't say anything yesterday, but my wife and I talked about it last night. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of those currently serving and those that have served in years past. Everyone in my family, excluding this guy, served, and served proudly. Thanks to all the veterans on this board for serving as well. You are more appreciated than you know or ever hear about.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

you're welcome ... we don't [didn't] do it for gratitude or recognition, but thanks for your appreciation.

8. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

I am a little miffed that I didn't think to start this post, so thanks Mo, we can always count on you to remember important thinks like this important day. There were some WW2 movies on different stations last night that reminded me again of the sacrifices of our military and of my family members who served and I echo the sentiments of dtwondough for those on the board.