USMNT line-up for Saturday

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Masshole, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Masshole

Masshole New Member

I am looking forward to seeing some of the younger guys who I haven't had a chance to see. I really would like to see Davies do well as we really need a young productive striker on the international level now that McGod isn't playing for us. It will be interesting to see where Nguyen plays or if he plays as well. What are people's starting lineups and who do you think will get to see the field?

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Had to look it up to see who was available...

GK - Howard
    D- Bornstein, Gooch, Boca, Simek (even though I suspect Bradley will start Spector)
    M- Beasley, Bradley, Feilhaber, Deuce
    F - Davies (never seen the kid play), Razov (I know he's a knucklehead at times, but IMO he should've been ahead of Ching on the WC team)

I know we have a strong NoCal contingent, just wondering if anyone is making their way over to the stadium on Sat. ??(a first hand account would be cool

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I like SoCal Joe's lineup - would even be curious to see a 4-5-1 with Deuce roaming and playing behind the lone striker as I'm not familiar with Davies or Hill up front.

I will be in attendance on Saturday and would be happy to give some type of account thereafter (but don't expect quality!).

4. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

What time does the match kick off? Personally can't wait to see the national team play again. The China National Team is quite weak and the US should give them a good throttling. Suspect Dempsey can nip a goal.

I'll be at a local bare watching the Real Salt Lake match this evening. Hopefull the two matches don't conflict.

Come on Beasley do Fort Wayne proud!!!

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Game Broadcast is 5 pm PST, espn 2

6. Team_of_McBrides

Thanks for the update. I will be at the bar watching Real Salt Lake play, but hopefully I can get the USMNT match on another TV as that game interests me much more than watching another RSL draw.

7. Meggrs

Meggrs New Member

I'll be there. It's always interesting seeing things live, and then going back and watching my Tivo of the broadcast later to see what I missed. Although truthfully, Spartan Stadium is so damn tiny that it's hard to miss much!

I really like how Bradley is incorporating the new guys, and I'd love to see some of them, especially the guys in the smaller leagues in Europe that we never get to see, get some time on the field. I'm desperate for quality strikers!

More tonight.

8. Team_of_McBrides

Bocanegra is wearing the armband and that is a great honor, even though it is just a friendly. Should give him loads of confidence.

Deuce has already been making his presence known and had a quality cross into Beasley who was just offside. Both Beasley and Gooch are in need of a contract. Think Fulham could accomodate them.

As I was typing this Beasley is taken down in the box...penalty.

Can he convert?

9. Team_of_McBrides

Beasley converts the penalty.

Chalk one up for the Fort. Congrats and well placed.

10. Team_of_McBrides

Fantastic goal from Feilhaber. I think there are going to be loads of goals put in by the US. One of the most potent attacks out of the USMNT I've seen in a long time.

11. Zack

Zack New Member

now on to the Gold Cup...lets have that thank you and then down to south america....win the competitive games also and were on our way!!!

12. Team_of_McBrides

Copa America is the true challenge. The Gold Cup should be won with consistency and hard work. The US is the favorites to repeat and hopefully it will give us a good amount of momentum going into the Copa America.

13. Zack

Zack New Member

yeah Gold Cup should be a tourney that they shouldnt be underdogs at all...the Copa will be the fun one, lets hope landon can score when it counts...not at ecuador match that means nothing.....except that i flew back home for it and had a GREAT time....but i hear what yer saying about the tourneys

14. Team_of_McBrides

I really don't place all that much faith in Donovan. He is hit or miss and often times more miss than hit. I believe Bradley will utilize Dempsey more in attack along with Twellman, Johnson and maybe some of the younger guys like Davies.

The backline didn't look fantastic today, but did fairly well. The midfield is shaping up nicely and Bradley is becoming a stalwart in the center of the pitch.

Overall I was impressed with the side and they are improving by leaps and bounds. If the US can make it out of the group stages of the Copa America it will be a victory unto itself.