US MNT vs Korea Republic

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Clevelandmo, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Today at 5pm ET on ESPN2. Hopefully it will be a nice distraction from the premier league and Fulham's dire situation. I doubt we can beat them 4-0 like Mexico just did so I guess that will mean they are better than us to some people.

Here is who we have available.
    GOALKEEPERS (3): Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
    DEFENDERS (7): Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Clarence Goodson (San Jose Earthquakes), Michael Harrington (Portland Timbers), Michael Parkhurst (Columbus Crew), DeAndre Yedlin (Seattle Sounders FC)
    MIDFIELDERS (8): Eric Alexander (New York Red Bulls), Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg), Benny Feilhaber (Sporting Kansas City), Luis Gil (Real Salt Lake), Dax McCarty (New York Red Bulls), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)
    FORWARDS (4): Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy), Eddie Johnson (D.C. United), Mike Magee (Chicago Fire), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes) - See more at: http://www.ussoccer.com/news/mens-natio ... RA9ms.dpuf

My Starting XI:

-----------Rimando the commando

Parkhurst(Yedlin)--Gonzalez--Besler--Harrington

-------------Beckerman(Evans)---------------

Donovan----Zusi(Gil) -----Benny(Mix) ------Davis(Dax)

---------------Magee(Johnson)

Subs in ( )'s. Anderson is the only one I know nothing about.

2. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I'll take a win, but THAT performance by THAT team certainly isn't going to strike fear into the hearts and minds of the other sides in Group G. Pedestrian is how I would describe that effort, but, as we all know, it's a long way to June and the cold hard fact is, a lot of these guys either a) won't be there or, b) will see precious little of the pitch if they are.

We won. I'll just leave it at that.

3. Clevelandmo

They once again looked like they didnt know what to do, had no plan, and were fatigued . Was frustrating to watch but interesting all the same. I now understand the Zusi appeal. He was man of the match, always looking to be dangerous. Donovan worked really hard, but I have never seen him pass backward so often. I would like to see Brad Davis on the WC roster, but he should only make it into a game if his crossing services are needed. He was very active on field but made too many errant passes (maybe fatigue from training?). Brad Evans was awful. If he is our starting RB at the WC we are toast. Parkhurst, Cameron, and Yedlin are all better options. Our defense is still incredibly shaky though. Both Yedlin and Gil looked good when they came on - the future is bright. Mix did not have a good game but he was playing way deeper than he typically does.

4. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

As I posted on FB and twitter "How do you say Dos a Cero in Korean?"

5. Clevelandmo

I dont know but I bet there is a "w" in there somewhere.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

With all the noise about El Tri playing Korea here in SA, there was little talk about the USA v. Korea. Similarly, I must have missed the usual posts on FB by Sam' Army, US SOCCER, etc., about the game. As a result, I'm just now finding out about it.

Sigh