TX Weird News

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HatterDon, Apr 27, 2007.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

And I'd offer to link these stories from today's San Antonio Express-News, but their web page is hung over from Fiesta last night.

1. A man who shot a Border Patrol agent and then swam into Mexico to escape was arrested in Nuevo Lorado. The guy who allegedly did the shooting/escaping is named Jordan Davidson an Anglo from Lubbock. The wounded officer? Jesus Aguilar. Who's a threat to whom?

2. THE PRESIDENT IS RIGHT! As soon as the Democrats passed the War Funding Bill requiring a troop pull out time table, terrorists placed an IED in a crowded Austin, TX neighborhood. The headline says it all: PIPE BOMB LEFT AT AUSTIN ABORTION CLINIC!

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

The only thing thats weird is you think there's a political angle there.

Since I know how to read, let me interpret your posts twice:

Pettyfog's read: Smuggler shoots US Border Agent, then escapes by swimming back across border.

HatterDon's take: Anglo shoots Hispanic for just doing his job

Pettyfog's read: Anti-Abortion nutjob sociopath sets bomb at abortion clinic

HatterDon's take: Dubya's VRWC footsoldier, enraged by Dem pullout timetable, tries to take out liberals with IED pipebomb.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Wow! You're as good at this as I was at predicting the 2006-2007 EPL season! My take is actually MUCH closer to your take than it is to your take of my take, but that's been the story about you from the get.

4. pettyfog

Well, then... THAT brings the question of why you posted it in the first place.... I was SURE I had your view nailed... I just looked for "Victim", Racism, and 'Conspiracy"

Ooops.. that's all the same isnt it. All I have to do is say..VICTIM.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

No; actually it was about busting stereotypes.

1. Good guy = hispanic; bad guy = Anglo in border clash

2. People forgetting that terrorism is always "on our shores" and has been for well over a hundred years.

No political slant intended in either case, and certainly nothing about "conspiracy" -- nothing I give value to at any time. If you read that, then, as the Brits used to say, "if you think everything stinks, perhaps it's time to wash your upper lip."

6. pettyfog

I think you just reinforced a few stereo-types, Don.