TV; First 48

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Spencer, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Anyone watch this show First 48 on A&E? They simply follow homicide investigators around with cameras for the first 48 hours after a murder. Cause apparently if you don't solve the case in the first 48 your chances fall by 50%.

My dad turned me on to it now I'm addicted. I like it because its real, the anti-CSI. Most episodes are from Miami, Memphis, or Dallas and occasionally from Detroit, Cinci, Phoenix

A few things I've noticed.
    a)the victim almost always know their murder, often very well
    b)so often murder isn't the plan but when everyone cares a gun sh^t happens and tragedy results
    c)being a homicide investigator is not a healthy life style, most of em are frikin blimps!
    d)its interesting sometimes it seems obvious to me that they have enough evidence and the investigators don't think so and other times its exactly the opposite.
    e) its remarkable how often the victims are relocated Katrina victims
    f) seems about 75% of the cases profiled are in fact solved in the first 48 hours
    g)people won't talk to the cops and it’s a major problem

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I used to watch it, now I dont... but the vast wasteland of BBC America content {I dont GIVE A CRAP about kitchen disasters anymore!!!!, nor do I think Torchwood is a freakin sequel to Dr Who!!!!} And the fact I've seen just about all the content available on Discovery/ History and Science/military channels mean I need something else to glom on.

Bravo, is now the Fag Channel. and I NEVER want to see another freakin' tatoo' reality show. What a bunch of shallow nit-wits.

And I dont want to see Ghost chasing or Wrestling on the freaking Sci-Fi channel either.

WTF is going on!!!!!

And even being a car freak.. or used to be.. I dont for a minute have ANY interest in rebuilding old cars {and esp motorbikes} to meet some ARTIFICIAL deadline with all the contrived drama ensuing.

The BEST 'reality' is at the moment, probably 'first 48', with Gene Simmons' family show being next best- It's CERTAINLY the funniest and most real..
    ...after I got tired of John Force's equivalent, it could have been a real dynamite show this year, considering how he and Ashley have done at the drags but I already lost interest, anyway.

And God Bless Dog
    But no matter he really is a good guy, it wont make me watch even if he gets another contract. Seen it, thanks.

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Ultimate Fighting on Spike. And when you are bored of that, turn off the TV and read a book, take a jog/walk, do your chores.

But back to the topic. Sounds interesting. If I run into it, I'll probabaly watch.