Tottenham win after early scare

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Jensers, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Jensers

Jensers New Member

My Spurs pulled out a win in the second half after getting caught asleep in the 4th, and then again in the 38th following a half of horrible defensive effort.

Hopefully January will fix that.

2nd half was more what I am used to seeing - Berba finally got a goal. Keane never really got it together - Bent is kind of a pretty boy and I am not seeing the physical play he is going to need to get him in the 11 on a regular basis.

Prince came in with a fire under his behind - handed a couple of strong challenges out and was looking to shoot from anywhere in the attacking 1/3rd.

Good stuff, but I was about to give up after the first half. Looks like they are going thru.

2. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Seeing them in that game against Birmingham City today, hoo-wee, what a back line you have. Their generosity is outstanding. And Paul Robinson letting in another (game winning) goal from 25 yards. How does he stay employed? Heck, I'll take my chances of slotting one past him.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and, I'm sorry, but Berbatov has already transferred himself. He was just going through the motions yesterday and GAVE away possession for the match winner. I don't know what caused the cancer at White Hart Lane, but getting rid of Jol didn't end it.

4. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

totally agree don. expect a completely different spurs XI come february.

although who do you think will win the bebatov lottery? i vote manyoo.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

well, I would have said ManU, but Fergie says that there won't be any big moves in January.

We'll see.

6. Jensers

Jensers New Member

I am trying to post without spewing out a line of obscenities...

I was so upset after watching that game. I totally agree on Berba. The thing that stinks is that I really like the way that he plays when he is on... I see him as a forward that can both check to the ball and find players to the side and behind him with one touch, but he also has the speed and finishing to put in the thru ball.

But yesterday - what a pathetic display from him. No fire, no intensity. On his possible move - I dont think there is any way he goes to ManU, but I would guess that he is going to have to go so they can sort out the defense. They want to keep Keane and they seem to think that Bent is going to develop. I was not impressed with Defoe yesterday... I dont know. I am really impressed with Lennon and Bale tho.

And yes - they have got to sort out the defense in January... It is ridiculous.

That said - Keane should have never been booted - also Bale was out and that hurt. Berba was a huge anchor - hitting the post from inside the six - yikes.

RCL19 - I dont know that anyone could have saved the game winner - that couldnt have been any better. I am not going to argue that robinson is great, but you have to blame that one on Berba not Robinson.