Top of the morning to ya Governor

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by dcheather, Dec 9, 2008.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Ask your older neighbors about Maryland in the late 70s/early 80s. When I lived there we had one former governor in jail, one under indictment, and the sitting governor under federal investigation for corruption.

Then there's the HatterFamily's ancestral home: Louisiana.

Meanwhile, I'm shocked, SHOCKED that an Illinois machine politican would be corrupt! :roll:

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Did you hear his public statement on it?
    "I havent said anything that got recorded that will be shown to shame me."
    It's as if there's an alternate universe and he 'slides' between them.

After you're in the 'machine' so long, delusion sets in.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Our "noon news" just reported that the "good gube" pulled a Gary Hart. He evidently dared reporters to try to dig up some dirt on him. What a maroon.

How can the guy use the telephone to invite bribes and corruption when HE KNOWS HE'S UNDER INVESTIGATION BY THE FEDS?

You just can't make this shit up.

5. pettyfog

Naw... you could make it up, but no one would buy the movie rights. Too implausible. No one with any common sense would act like Blago.

What we are seeing here folks, is the distortion of what is considered 'normal' in standard political operations. Since the Chicago machine has operated this way for decades, the poison inevitably spread to the statehouse. We gave it a smile and a wink when it was only Chicago.

But now it has spread all the way to a minor infection of the federal government. Not that it happens, it always has and always will, but that it is so open, and visible.

Meanwhile, I would counsel our dear leader-elect to just keep his mouth shut. His protestations that he had no idea this was going on strains credulity and is frankly insulting to the public.

He is a product of this very machine politics and his path to the presidency was bought and paid for. So be it. But dont insult me by saying he is a saint in this matter.

Especially as he nominated one of the worst influence peddlers in current times as Atty General.

Here's Jake Tapper's take.

Jake has a measured observation... but read the comments!
    "US the laughingstock of the world?!!!"

In what way... the laughingstock of the French who continuously supported Chirac? The laughingstock of the Euro intellectual elite.. who overwhelmingly think Obama is the saviour?

Or is it they are laughing at us for making a big deal out of it? More likely the latter. Up their asses!

Meanwhile let the crooks' chips fall where they may... Obama has more important things to fix.

# Added: Well, I missed my chance, showing how smart I am, on naming 'senate candidate #5'. the one who came in late and jumped to the top by talking to the tune of a cool million.

I think those who live around Chi-town knew. It is JJackson Jr. Easy to guess.... he learned the game at his daddy's knee.

6. pettyfog

re: Blago fallout damage control

Of course, we notice that Rahm Emanuel is strangely .. strike that... UNCHARACTERISTICALLY silent.

Emanuel, the good IL-machine-soldier, has never hesitated to utter bald-faced lies before.. guess it matters how much heat there is in the kitchen.