Top 5 US Players in the 2000s

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by nevzter, Dec 23, 2009.

1. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Brad has to be on the list. He contributed each year of the aughts and is still probably rated higher than Howard among Premier League experts.

I would think that Dempsey should rate a bit higher, but I'm beginning to think he's only valued in Europe.

5. Keller/Donovan
    4. Reyna
    3. Howard/Dempsey
    2. McBride
    1. Friedel

3. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Dempsey got in little more than half a decade, so it's hard to give much more than honorable mention, imo. Especially given the caliber of the players up for consideration.

I'd say move McBride up and replace Reyna with Friedel. Reyna was great when healthy, he just wasn't healthy enough this decade.

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Keller did much of his best work (Leicester City) in the 90's. Until Landon proves himself at the top level, it's hard to put him at the top.

1. Friedel 2. Big Mac 3. Reyna 4. Howard 5. Donovan