Top 100 Soccer players in the World

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Clevelandmo, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

http://blogs.thescore.com/footyblog...n-the-world-the-complete-list-including-10-1/

The list was created by a panel of soccer writers; not the most balanced panel that could've been assembled, but still interesting. While I in no way have the knowledge needed to vote for as many as the top 100 players in the world, there were still a few things that surprise me with the list.

First Kaka comes in at 90. No way I say. Way way higher.

Nigel DeJong, I've never seen what is so special about him. Other than his thuggery.

The only "American" player I see is Nevin Subotic. Really? I had no clue he was that highly regarded.

Messi probably would've been my #1 pick as well, but I'm still surprised that everyone on the panel put him as #1.

#72 is listed as "Danny", nothing else. I had never heard of him. Had to look him up. Am I the only one?

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

There's a few guys on that list that I went 'who?' to. Totally agree about DeJong, the hack. Joe Hart??? Almost makes the list null and void. Subotic? just hearing that name, makes me think of Rongen and how much I want to smack him around for screwing that up. Sorry but Ibro, Rooney, and Silva in the top 10?? No way.