Too effin' dumb to run a business?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Aug 14, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Simple... run for congress!

This is unbelievable

Two of the STUPIDEST MOFO Senators involved {name that party!} and NYT falls in with them without thinking and publishes an even DUMBER article!

Powerline think that the Senators are lying, I think they really are that stupid. Which is it?

Besides...
    Remember I wrote before there is really no such thing as a 'Corporate Income Tax'? You'd think an exalted elite elected 'friend of the masses' would know that.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

or be the dumbest, laziest brother with a wealthy, powerful father whose toadies will get you out of every failure in your life OVER AND OVER and ... wind up in the White House [name THAT party!]

3. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Why do you guys turn this into a Republican vs Democrat thing? This is simply two idiots who wanted their name in the paper. The NYT was dumb enough to be that paper. I love it, taxes on Gross Revenues. Marvelous.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

In fact, you're right that sort of crap is not especially defined by 'party' of those who dish it out.

But while Don's reactions seem to fall into the 'Well, so's your mom..." instead of addressing the issue {judging from past response to 'tax cuts, he doesnt believe that cuts stimulate investment, yet when local elected Dems face the music, what do they do.. sometimes EXCESSIVELY?} the core of this is that S and C corps taxes are paid by the stockholder as personal income*. Public traded companies are taxed on their net earnings but this reduces the yield for investors such as IRA/401 retirement accounts.
    In other words... another way for congress to tax you and me.

Add to this the Dem talking points that Oil companies are making 'exorbitant' profits without actually pointing out the profits as yield compared to gross -or net- revenue. You ONLY see the dollar figure.

Bottom Line: Your elected count on being able to issue sound bytes and have those repeated by the gullible.

Andyour Dems CONTINUE to lie their asses off about drilling!

* For a good, if somewhat mind-numbing, explanation on this:

The Corporate Tax Conundrum