Tipping league (FA Cup tournament)- Team Selections

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by LogicalmanUS, Oct 13, 2014.

1. LogicalmanUS

LogicalmanUS Member

Tipping FA Cup special- sign up here!

Many of you will be aware of the tipping league already set up and will understand how it works regarding rules etc.... but before we get into explaining how the cup will work, here is a list of the rules for those who aren't aware of them....

1) you simply predict the scores of all the games selected
    2) for every correct game result you predict, you will be awarded 1 point
    3) for every correct game SCORE you predict, you will be awarded 2 points
    4) For those who understand how the tipping league works, there will be NO DPG feature included in this tournament.
    5) As this is a cup KNOCKOUT competition the aim is to outscore your direct opponent, the person with the highest score is through to the next round and the loser is eliminated.
    6) dannyboi-ffc and logicalman will be working together to run the tournament and we will give you plenty of notice to get your predictions in on time, if you still haven't done this with a couple of days to go, I (dannyboi) will try to PM any members to remind them. Failure to predict any of the results automatically eliminates you from the competition and gives your opponent a bye through to the next round. If BOTH members fail to predict any scores then they will both be eliminated to prevent the tournament becoming a shambles. In this very unlikely circumstance the BEST LOSER from that particular round will be put through.
    7) If you miss a couple of earlier fixtures, you can still post your predictions for the rest of the round and will NOT automatically be eliminated. It will however effect your chances of progressing as you will score 0 points for any fixtures you miss. So please check carefully before posting that you have not missed any fixtures out.
    8) You are entitled to change your mind for any number of your predictions and simply PM dannyboi-ffc to confirm the score and fixture that you wish to change. Scores can only be changed BEFORE the match in matter has kicked off.
    9) As always you are entitled to query your score if you believe a mistake has been made when the results are issued. We are only human so please check carefully.
    10) Unlike the tipping league we need a way of separating a participant from their opponent in the event of a draw (both players accumulating the same score overall). The tie breaker will be who was closest to predicting the overall number of goals scored for the entire round. This will simply mean adding the amount of goals you have predicted overall (so think carefully when predicting).
    11) Replays will not be included so if you predict a 1-1 draw, the draw stands as the result and you will be awarded points as necessary.

That's the rules, now for an explanation of the competition itself.....

The cup will work in sync with the FA cup starting in the 3rd round on 03/01/15. 64 clubs are entered into the draw so we need 64 participants.

The thread will be formatted the same way as the tipping league, with a list of all the fixtures from that specific round in matter of the FA cup followed by a list of the draw showing what member will face who. Simply post your predictions below, sit back and watch the results.

How does the draw work? Every participant will be randomly selected to represent a club in the draw, if both the participant and the club they represent progress then you keep that club for the following round. However, if the participant progresses but their club is eliminated they simply adopt the club of their defeated opponent.
    I will post the 64 participants in a list along with which club they are.....
    For example
    Dannyboi- ffc / Manchester City
    Logical man/ Everton
    and so on....

When the official FA cup draw is made look out for your club because who they face is who you will be facing. So if everton draw man city, logical man will face dannyboi-ffc.

If like explained above dannyboi-ffc beats logical man but Manchester city lose to everton, dannyboi-ffc will become everton in the 4th round of the draw.

It does not matter if a tie is replayed because you will just represent them both in the draw, so don't be confused if you are given millwall/derby county as your club because all that matters is who they are drawn against. Even if they are drawn against another undecided tie, you will still know who your opponent will be.

It doesn't matter whether your club is drawn home or away either.

There is no prize for the winner other than the pride of being the best predictor of football results amongst the supporters of the greatest club in the world and an opportunity for the late comers/ strugglers in the tipping league to have a second chance at glory. Both logical man and dannyboi-ffc will take part in the competition and that's why the draw process will be the way it is, to ensure no accusations of draw fixing are made.

It is a first come, first serve basis so don't hesitate to sign up here, only the first 64 will be entered. Good luck in advance! PM dannyboi-ffc if you have any questions or need something explained in more detail.

May the best predictor win!

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I'll give it a go

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

me too.

4. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Count me in.

5. Dynamo

Dynamo Member

I'll give it a shot

6. LogicalmanUS

LogicalmanUS Member

Ok peeps,

Below I have assigned you all to a club. As explained before the club's have been put into alphabetical order and assigned accordingly. Those paired with 3 or 4 clubs will have to wait until those second round ties/ first round replays are concluded before knowing their exact club but whatever happens that's the ball to look out for in the third round draw in December. If you're reading this a couple of weeks after it was posted the Alphabetical order might not look right. That's because the home team for any undecided ties was used for alphabetical purposes, the home team may have been knocked out by the time you're reading this, so that's why.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to PM me or post a question below. There's nothing else to be done now until December when I post the draw and decide which fixtures will be used for predictions. Logical Man and I have agreed 32 fixtures is far too many, so it will be a maximum of 16 but it may be less. We will confirm this nearer the time.

Please note that some clubs haven't got their full names because it was either too long to fit on one line or because I was in a rush when typing. So no need to correct me, I am aware.

Dannyboi-ffc- Arsenal
    Logical Man- Aston Villa
    Syd Cupp- Barnsley/ Chester
    Lighthouse- Birmingham City
    Burt- Blackburn Rovers
    Bobby 01- Blackpool
    Rweller86- Bolton Wanderers
    Fulham22- Bournemouth
    Brightster- Bradford City/Dartford
    Berserker- Brentford
    Super Mitch- Brighton
    Kent Cassandra- Bristol City/ Basingstoke or AFC Telford
    aaronmcguigan- Burnley
    IrishFulham- Bury/ Luton Town
    Deanothefulhamfan- Cambridge/ Mansfield or Concord Rangers
    DC heather- Cardiff City
    SoCalJo- Charlton Athletic
    The Equalizer- Chelsea
    TheDaddy- Cheltenham/ Dover
    Riether Lightning 63- Colchester United/ Peterborough United
    Westcliff White- Crewe Alexandra or Sheff Utd/ Plymouth
    Tslyon- Crystal Palace
    Sebsffc- Dagenham or Southport/ Eastleigh
    Sheepskin Junior- Derby County
    Glenhodgso- Everton
    Astroevan- Fulham
    Sunbury white- Gateshead/ Warrington Town
    ProfficerFFC- Hartlepool United/ Blyth Spartans
    SuffolkWhite- Havant and W or PNE/ Walsall or Shrewsbury
    Chiple Chople- Huddersfield Town
    Joseph Figueiredo- Hull City
    MJG- Ipswich Town
    epsomraver- Leeds United
    David Allen Crankshaw- Leicester City
    White Flea- Liverpool
    grandad- Man City
    Mr Bombastic Plastic- Man United
    Albanian White- Middlesbrough
    Nevzter- Millwall
    Love4ffc- MK Dons/ Chesterfield
    Fulham76- Newcastle United
    Andy S- Norwich City
    The Rock- Notts County or Accrington Stanley/ Yeovil Town
    Scrumpy- Nottingham Forest
    Dynamo- Oldham/ Weston-Super-Mare or Doncaster Rovers
    Rogerpinvirginia- Oxford United/ Tranmere
    The cravenette- Portsmouth or Aldershot/ Northampton or Rochdale
    Kevin- Qpr
    Holders- Reading
    Mince n tattles- Rotherham
    PokerMatt- Scunthorpe/ Worcester City
    MickN- Sheffield Wednesday
    FulhamBen- Southampton
    hovewhite- Stoke City
    Jonaldinho88- Sunderland
    Artful Dodger- Swansea City
    Barrett487- Tottenham Hotspur
    Max Headroom- Watford
    VicHalomsLoveChild- WBA
    Skatzoffc- West Ham United
    Wingnut- Wigan Athletic
    Woolly Mammoth- Wolves
    Master Haynes- Wrexham/ Stevenage or Maidstone United
    Pluto- Wycombe Wanderers/ York City or AFC Wimbledon

Feel free to discuss your thoughts below and apologies to the three who drew Brentford, Chelsea and Qpr. You really did get the short straws.

All the best 64,

Dannyboi

7. LogicalmanUS

LogicalmanUS Member

Remember, the team you are drawn as determines who the other player on the MBs you will go head-to-head with. Doesn't matter about the actual game result, all that matters is that you outscore your opponent on the day - its straight knockout !!

I'll update this thread with the draw, and you can post back to here with your premonitions predictions.

8. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Woohoo! I got Fulham. That's good luck, right?

encorespanish likes this.