Tickets to the Cottage - Arsenal, April 20

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by BLSeleven, Apr 8, 2013.

1. BLSeleven

BLSeleven New Member

Hello. I just found out that I am traveling to London for business and will be in town for the Arsenal match on the 20th of April. It is a sold out match. I have attempted to purchase a ticket on Viagogo, but without a previous purchase history, I am not allowed to buy a ticket. This is my first time going to Craven Cottage so I do not have any experience with this process. Does anyone have some advice? This is much more difficult than I expected. If anyone could recommend a way of getting a ticket, I would really appreciate it. Thank you very much!

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Not sure you will be able to get a ticket online without paying quite a bit. But I did see some on this site:

http://www.sportsevents365.com/events/? ... f9f5cd1383

Can't vouch for it's reputation or anything of that sort. Never used or heard of them.

Otherwise you might want to go to the stadium or local pubs before the game and see anybody has an extra to sell if you really want to see the game.

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Can't really help you with this one, except to pay a scalper aka a tout on the day of the match. Too bad (ticket wise) that they weren't playing a team that would be a quick sellout. However, should really be a fun match for the spectators, hope you get in.

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Any luck so far? I'm kinda confused on viagogo works? How can anybody buy a ticket through them if they need a prior purchase history?

5. sullytex

sullytex Member

I used a ticket agency to the 2011 home Arsenal game and I paid through the nose because the trip was planned on short notice and I wanted 100% certainty I had tickets cause my wife was going (I am afraid to type this, but in the order of 100-125 pounds...per ticket...hey you can't take it to the grave, at least that is what I said to comfort myself). My go to guy had already bought and allocated his allotment of tickets available for season ticket holders. The name of the company was WorldTicketShop. Its online.

If you are willing to be disappointed and end up watching footie in the Golden Lion, you can try the touts on the day around the grounds. When I lived there, my hit ratio was 100%, I always got a ticket (not a problem once I became a season ticket holder). I think I did this 4-5 times (the best was for the Hamburg game in the Europa cup semi!). Never figured out if it was illegal or not, but given the way the touts were acting (very low key) I imagine its not legal. Also, I was looking for single tickets, which are harder to off load. If you do this, I'd bring around 100 pounds per ticket to be on the safe side. Most of them wandering around asking for extras, but they really are selling.