The Value of the 'Hopeless Underdog' Vote

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Feb 6, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

For all those who complain about the system.. or that there's no one who meets your requirements, so you're just going to sit it out.. remember this:

The Primaries arent just about putting forth a candidate for office, they're about setting the tone for the respective parties in the future.

Certainly some poobah in the national party may misread the 'loser data', but that case is certainly better than if that data isnt there at all. Certainly the 'vote poll' is more truthfull than the 'telephone' or man on the street poll, is it not?

That's why I'll be voting for Romney in a month {but only because Ohio will have removed Fred Thompson}.. no matter where he stands in the delegate count.

If you only go for the 'most likely to be elected' your voice will be heard, alright....

Saying: 'Whatever..me too.. I guess.'

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, I'm glad you're still behind Rudy/Fred/Mitt [anybody but McCain], but I'm wondering how you rationalize this fidelity with your swipes against supporters for:

1. Ron Paul -- delusional kids who know nothing about politics
    2. Mike Huckabee -- idiots voting for a no-hoper to split conservatives
    3. John McCain -- crossover Democrats hoping to create an easy victim for Hillary.
    4. Anyone who isn't your candidate of the month -- defeatist, elitist, ignorant children, divisive know-nothings, Bush-haters, etc. etc. etc.

So yeah; vote your conscience and your values. We all applaud that. And, while you're at it, how about allowing the rest of us to vote for who we prefer without you belittling our intelligence, knowledge, convictions, experience, and patriotism.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I guess you misunderstood swipes against their motives, agenda, and sincerity as swipes against those who would vote for them..

Don, it appears you need help in staying on track.. these forums are organized in threads for a reason. If I'd wanted to get into a pissing match, I'd have posted this elsewhere and lit the fuse.

Do you agree with my post ...or not?

If not, please state why not.

- - - - - -- - - - -
    And by the way... it was YOUR response to someone who felt they really had no input in the system, ergo 'it's all rigged' that inspired this.

Unfortunately I couldnt find it right off to quote you. And I thought this idea deserved a thread of its own.