The League Run Out

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Apr 12, 2010.

1. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Well, there are just 4 weeks and 5 games left in the season. We don't have any midweek games this week which should give us some time to think: where will we land come May 9?

I fiddled with the BBC score predictor, and by my guess we'll be 10th on 52 points. I figured we'd win all the remaining home games, lose at Everton, and draw at Arsenal.

Although three places lower in the table than last year, it will actually be just one point less than last year's record setting season (and tie the 2003/04 season when we were ninth on 52pts).

Although it feels like the league campaign has been somewhat disappointing (manner of the losses at Wolves, Hull, Stoke, and BBurn; doubled by Villa; 2 points total off Bolton come to mind), especially compared to Europe, it's actually one of our best.

2. Jensers

Jensers New Member

It has been a good year - no doubt.

I never thought Fulham had the legs to do well in more than one competition, but they shown deeper and stronger than I think any of us expected.

3. JP-STL

JP-STL New Member

A draw at Arsenal might be optimistic. On my score predictor I'd say 51. A good year in the league, and a GREAT year overall when the Europa League and FA Cup success are considered.

4. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

And when all of the injuries are considered. It's a shorter list coming up with starters who haven't missed significant time this year. Compared to last year where we were virtually injury free, to have this little dropoff, the same FA success and all of the Europa success, is a credit to Roy and the team. Particularly players like Gera and Zamora who have stepped up.