The Land Down Under Tour

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by omsdogg, Jul 3, 2009.

1. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

The Squad who will be touring down under has been named. Deuce will get a nice rest, and the Hangman will not be there either. Here is the squad:

http://goal.com/en/news/808/australia/2 ... alian-tour

Fulham Squad: Mark Schwarzer, Christopher Baird, Matthew Briggs, Zoltan Gera, Aaron Hughes, Andrew Johnson, Edward Johnson, Toni Kallio, Diomansy Kamara, Stephen Kelly, Seol Kihyeon, Adrian Leijer, Danny Murphy, Erik Nevland, John Pantsil, Matthew Saunders, Chris Smalling, David Stockdale, Fredrik Stoor Seikkinen, Andranik Timotian Samarani, Bobby Zamora, Pascal Zuberbuhler.

A couple of questions. Did Stoor add another surname to his name? Also, I thought it was Andranik Teymourian, who's this Andranik Timotian Smarani dude? And finally, has EJ become ingrained in the English culture and is he going by Edward now, or is this some other Johnson that we have?

2. jmh

jmh New Member

I'm going to guess "Edward Johnson" is like the "Clinton Dempsey" we sometimes see in official match reports and the like.

Wikipedia says Stoor's full hame is "Fredrik Olof Esaias Stoor Siekkinen". I didn't realize Swedes used two surnames (nor Finns, since "Siekkinen" definitely sounds Finnish rather than Swedish), but I guess it's possible that they do and I just didn't get the memo. (See, for example, Spanish naming customs.)

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Something I learned since being at Fulham. Random.

As for our squad to Australia, definitely stronger than I first thought it would be but I even find it strange that Konch stayed back.

4. jmh

jmh New Member

RE: Re: The Land Down Under Tour

Hey, isn't it time for a "2009-2010 Matches" forum? :shock:

Official team news in advance of tomorrow's first preseason friendly. (Yes, already!)

Summary:
    10 subs allowable, Roy plans to use most of all.
    Schwarzer will play, as will Zuberbuhler or Stockdale.
    Hangeland is getting married this summer, Hughes will play with Baird or Smalling, maybe Leijer also in the mix.
    Konchesky did not make the trip for personal reasons, Kallio or Stoor will play in his absence.
    Paintsil and Kelly "vie for the right-back slot."
    Demps and Etuhu are both getting a breather, so Gera and Seol and Andranik may all see some time.
    At striker, "Roy will select from the tried and tested trio of Andy Johnson, Bobby Zamora and Erik Nevland." EJ should provide competition.
    No word on Kamara, though the original post says he did make the trip. Seems like only four natural midfielders (Murphy, Gera, Seol, Andranik) are there, so maybe he'll get some time on the left side.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Re: RE: Re: The Land Down Under Tour

Damn... 2068 posts and still too lazy to start the thread he asks about! And then proceeds with posting so the mod has to move the freakin thing!

'Let PF do it'... well, Kiss My Ass! I'm busy.. do it when I get around to it.

My THIRD post channeling Franek, now I'm getting worried. Or am I just bored?