The Josy Watch (& Other Possible Non-Fulham Transfer Vom

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by FFCinPCB, Nov 6, 2007.

1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

What's not to like about this kid. And I'm putting this here because my crystal ball told me to.

Gone Josy Gone, Josy's Gone,

Gone Josy Gone, Josy's Gone,

Gone Josy Gone, Josy's Gone, Awaaaayyyy.

(sung to the tune of "Gone Daddy Gone", Violent Femmes)

2. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

RE: The Josy Watch (& Other Possible Non-Fulham Transfer

hmmmm....where to? somewhere in the Netherlands would be good. Help him with his technical ability.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'd agree, but NOT to PSV. Our young Texan Nguyen is wilting on the vine over there. Maybe to Herrenveen. Wouldn't hurt him to practice linking with Bradley.

4. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

No kidding, where has Nguyen gone?

The Dutch League may be a possibility. Don't forget, Josy is most likely somewhat fluent in French, which provides several easier transitions. And, Adu is showing the Portuguese what the American possibilities can be, while Beasley is making a statement in the SPL.

5. EricD

EricD New Member

It was great to see him with the ball and his back to the goal on the 18 yard box while holding off 3 players from New England. Great form from a 17 year old.

I am looking forward to seeing perform on the larger stages in the club and international level.

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Me too! Wonder how long he'd have to work in Dutch, Belgian or SPL for us to see it?

Just sayin.. cause I'm a cynic. I hate to burst your bubbles but unless he goes to Rangers/Celtic or one of the BIG Leagues.. or even PSV or Ajax, it's a sideways move.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Really, 'fog? NYRB and LAG play often in the European Champions League or the UEFA Cup, do they? You don't think Beas learned anything playing against that sort of competition?

In terms of overall league quality, I'll agree that the Portuguese, Scottish, and Dutch leagues are on a par with MLS and I'd actually rate Belgium, Norway, and Denmark below that. But a young player will do well fighting his way up to the first team squad, and will benefit a lot from the international competitions.

8. pettyfog

But that's more or less what I said, Don.

I mean I dont mind, it's just that it doesnt mean he's gonna get scooped up to the bigs anytime soon.

9. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

He needs to go to England.

10. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

11. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Oh, that would be a nice move indeed. He'd be a damned fool to pass up that opportunity if it were to come his way.

Things are REALLY starting to look up for the core of our USMNT in regards to our youth.

12. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Altidore to NUFC -- good for him, although at the same time if he said no thanks, I'd rather play anywhere else in Europe, you sure couldn't blame him.

A more interesting rumor is that Michael Parkhurst is being eyed by Fulham, to shore up the back line. Think that MAF can squeeze in one more American :D ? Has anyone heard anything more about this?

13. jmh

jmh New Member

Nooooo, let Jozy stay another year! :(

14. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Better for him to go this January, so that he can develop his game and become a regular starter by the end of next season (2009) than to wait a year and not have a chance to become a regular starter until the spring before the World Cup.

15. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

call up for josy

Just in from ussoccer.com . Altidore has been named to the roster for the friendly vs south africa. Previously, I dont believe he was even listed in the MNT player pool. Lets hope he gets some time on the pitch.

16. Lyle

Lyle New Member

fulham should try to sign altidore instead of lafferty, or get them both. i hope he doesn't go to newcastle because newcastle is a mess of a club right now. mike ashley, the new owner, apparently doesn't know what he's doing and might actually get rid of allardyce. the club is a big club, but they just don't have their act together right now.

17. pettyfog

RE: call up for josy

If Fulham is going for Parkhurst which I dont doubt is at least being talked over, then Altidore might have to look elsewhere. Just saying, I dont think you want to overload.

And I'm just using my noggin when I say dont be surprised if you hear Landon Donovan is talking to London clubs.

His dear wife's near term future is insecure... she's laid off right now due to the writers' strike.

18. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Josy Altidore

Let's put this where it belongs.........DON!!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 93&cc=5901

Haven't we seen this before (ManU and Adu)? I doubt Real is REALly where he is going. But this makes any other clubs sit up and take notice, and get on the horn.

Hope it doesn't lead to Big Head Syndrome for Jozy, although he seems fairly well-grounded.....especially for someone who used to kick the ball through other kids.

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: Josy Altidore

sorry, I went looking for this thread, but I was looking in the Americans Over There and in the Everything About US Soccer categories. Should have realized that it wouldn't be there!