The Johnny Haynes Statue

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Sep 6, 2006.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

'RUMOR' has it that Fulham and some of its most trusted fans are currently in talks to put a statue in Craven Cottage for Fulhams greatest every player, Johnny Haynes.

Now many of us, but not all, of us here never got to see the England/Fulham captain play live and some may not understand the enormity of his legend to the supporters. For a quick overview, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Haynes.

The club is 'RUMORED' to have a plan in place to make this happend but is still clarifying where and how but with an emphasis on WHERE in Craven Cottage to put it. If you would like to help, please an answer the questions in the order below. It will be send to the club.

2. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

I did have the privalige to watch the Great JH Play and even meet him once outside a then Fulham drinking club when I was about 9 years of age, my mouth closed about two years ago?

I would suggest the following:

1.Outside the Cottage gates (Where everyone can see it)
    2.Club should pay(why should the fans?)
    3.so long as it's a tribute that's all that counts

3. americanmike

1. Prefered Location - I would say outside the gates, but I think its leaves it open to vandals. My second location is the space between the Hammersmith End and Johnny Haynes Stand, raised up as if looking over the field.

2. Method of rundraising -Joint venture between the club and fans. I don't want any excuses from any Director and the fans should be a part in it.

3. Wording on plaque. Johnny Haynes "The Maestro" 1932 - 2005

4. americanmike