The Fulham Family

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by BucksGreenWhite, Aug 8, 2006.

1. BucksGreenWhite

BucksGreenWhite New Member

I'd just like to, firstly, congratulate everyone involved with this site. As a regular visitor to the US and a lifelong Fulham fan, this is like a second home to me! Secondly, I'd like to introduce myself. My father grew up around SW London, and though I hail from Surrey, the black & white blood runs strong. I now live in West Sussex and post regularly on TFI.

Our family have American blood. My grandfather was from Georgia, and I still have family there. My wife and I travel to the US often, particularly enjoying California, the southern states and a regular dose of Vegas!

Keep up the good work guys. Keep the FFC flag flying, and I hope one day to have a beer with y'all!

BGW. 8/8/06.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

BucksGreenWhite,
    Thanks for the post and welcome to FulhamUSA!! I have read quite a few of your posts on TFI. I read it daily, but rarely post on there. It is a great site though with a lot of good information and debate about all things Fulham.

We are all definitely trying to keep the Fulham flag flying in all parts of the US. We are steadily growing the Fulham fan base here in the States.

If you are ever in or near Chicago, you will have to let me know.

FulhamUSA is planning a trip to Craven Cottage at the end of October for the Wigan match. It would be great to meet up before or after the game for a drink.

Cheers!
    Tom

3. BucksGreenWhite

Nice one Tom. The 'Windy City' is high on the list of places that Mrs BGW & I have never visited. We do fancy a 'weekend', and I'd be keen to hear your 'do's & don'ts'.

As for the Wigan game, be great to hook up for a beer before the, ahem, win!

Keep up the good work.

COYSW!

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Sounds good BGW!! I will keep you posted and send you an email a week or two before the Wigan match for a meet up.

Cheers!
    Tom

5. BC

BC New Member

Welcome BGW! I am a new Fulham fan. I started following the EPL last year and the last few months I spent researching what team to support. I ran across this site and it made quite an impact! It is a great place and was quite influential in my decision to support Fulham.

6. BucksGreenWhite

Welcome to the family, BC. Again, Indianapolis remains on the 'unchartered' list at the moment. Go on, give me a few reasons to visit your part of the good 'ol US of A!

Take it easy.

BGW.

7. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Welcome BGW and its great to see someone like yourself posting on this board, we love to hear from the local fan base because it helps keep us connected.

Thanks for posting that, and hope to see more of your posts in the future.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

BGW, your use of the word "y'all" indicates you'd be welcome in my area -- San Antonio, TX -- anytime. And I never turn down a chance to have a pint with a fitba addict. Y'all let me know when you're in town.

9. rumstove

rumstove New Member

The famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway, home of the Indy 500, and F1 USGP (currently anyways) is a great reason to visit Indy.

Sadly, I can't think of a single reason to visit my part of the USA.

10. BC

BC New Member

Hey, don't be so hard on yourself :). Madison is a pretty cool city to visit. The have some great brewpubs on State Street. Milwaukee isn't too bad either; where else can you drive underneath a moving conveyer belt full of Miller beer?

If you are a racing fan, Indy is the place to be. We also have good restaraunts, shopping and downtown parking for less than $2 for 3 hours. The Colts have also been fun to watch the past few seasons.

11. MiamiCarlos

MiamiCarlos New Member

Hey! I'm also fairly new to the site and was curious to know if there were any Fulham supporters in Miami going out to watch the opening game and where? I usually watch at Churchills...mmmmm...eggs and beer.

BTW, great site! The sense of community and openess you have all acheived is pretty amazing.

Also, how are things going with the McBride shares?

12. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Carlos,
    Mike will have an exact number on how many shares have been sold, but at least 20 of the 40 have been sold which is great news. Thanks to all who have contributed.

As for some Fulham supporters in Miami, I am not sure of any. Check the FulhamUSA map to see for certain. I do not remember anyone ever posting about being from Miami. I do know there are a number of Florida Fulham fans, but not sure about Miami specifically.

Thanks for the kind words about the site. It is appreciated!

Cheers!
    Tom

13. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Yeah the southern part of WI can be quite fun. But I'm in the Northcentral/Western part of the state...about 4-5 hours from Milwaukee. :(
    I go to the Twin Cities more often as MN is closer, but that's still about a 2 hour drive. :|

14. CincyFulham

CincyFulham New Member

Welcome BucksGreenWhite, Glad to have you here.