The Elusive Whitesbhoy

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by nevzter, Nov 4, 2011.

1. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

WB, please don't be Fulham USA's Punxsutawney Phil. Come back and join the party. I'll even finally deliver the bottles of wine I've owed you for the past two years, with interest. PM me your new address.

Seriously, Fulham USA can always use more acerbic, witty and knowledgeable posts provided by Sir WB (yes, I've knighted you).

All in all, hope all is well. Cheers.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Speaking of which, did Christian see his shadow or not?

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

He must have seen his shadow - another six weeks of Prem mediocrity it is then. Damn.

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Like all mythical beings where sightings have been reported but unsubstantiated (was that really him in the chat or just some wannabe?), the infamous WB is out there somewhere, will he grace us w/his presence again??

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Perhaps not on the forum. But he's a regular for the game day chat.

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

heh.. sorry I'm late on this.
    Do you realize it's the fifth anniversary of FulhamUSA's Andy Warhol moment?!!!

I'd guess Christian is like me, had his day on here and now onward and different interests.
    Thought of him couple months ago when Waldo hit the news and I was considering Admin/Mod role on a car forum. **

I suspect Christian is the same, only in a different direction. On April 1st, he sent out a 'milestone' type Email. I cant disclose it because it's an email and CF will have told you if he wanted you to know. Suffice to say he is on a 'Happy Path'.
    - the April 1st aspect... I suspect is coincidence.

And the intrepid net has done its best to send 'Beers with Wynalda' down the old memory hole:
    A wayback edit of Wynalda's wiki
    http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =120349880

But it was great.. Christian, raise your Guiness to my Dos Equis.. clink!
    ______________________________________________________________________________

** Well.. guess what. I declined.
    Reason: I'm STILL the old Pettyfog on there, only more so. And every time some idiot doesnt like me calling them out, and complains of my rudeness, I respond 'tell it to the mods'. Because I'm only saying what the mods think.

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Why you have to leave us for such extended periods of time Fog? You still supporting the Crew?

Christian still shows up in the chat, but I wish he would show up on the board. But there's quite a number of old posters missing from the old site. After the hacks the site lost a lot of its vibe once it came back after an extended layoff. I think losing all those posts hurt quite a bit, it seemed like a lot people just didn't have the energy to start anew again. But it is like you said Fog, people have moved on to different interests in their lives. I know I took an extended absence on the old board when I was dating my husband and then started a family. Perhaps posters will start showing up once more when they have some more free time.