The crap in Paris

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by jumpkutz, Jan 9, 2015.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

...is hitting somewhat close to home. albeit a bit of a stretch. My wife and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza-Republique, which is on the plaza where most of the Paris demonstrations in support of Hebdo Charlie are occurring, the Place de la Republique. And a quick Google maps search shows the paper's offices were just a few Metro stops down from the Republique, thus the natural, closest large gathering spot for such activities.
    Can't imagine what it must be like to have been there this week, but strangely, I find myself wishing I was.
    JE SUIS CHARLIE. NOUS SOMMES CHARLIE.

encorespanish likes this.
  2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well, nothing personal, guys but I wish you would rethink "I am Charlie Hebdo"
    When you take a high altitude view, there is a lot of rank hypocrisy going on here.
    When Jyllands-Posten, the Danish paper who started the cartoon foofraw wouldn't post what Hebdo published, you might get a glimmer. I aint gonna be at all sorry about those terrorists {or as Christiane Amanpour puts it: 'Activists'!} being killed but I aint shedding any tears for the Hebdo people either. They're reaping what they KNEW they were sowing.
    When you think about our own President chastising a preacher for burning Qu'urans, Then look at what Hebbdo was doing, it's pretty obvious. When a Vatican ass-licker like Bill Donohue says 'Muslims are right to be angry.' he has a point.
    I seldom agree with metrosexual NYT resident 'Conservative' {my ass!} David Brooks but here he has some great points:
    I Am Not Charlie Hebdo
    If you dont raise hell over Academic Environments shutting out 'Hate Speech', and refusing to allow Ayan Hirsi Ali to speak on the evils of fundy Islam, then dont say "I am Charlie Hebdo" Because you arent.
    Dont get me wrong, I think part of the answer is for Black Ops teams to put lead through the heads of all Muslim Clerics that preach Jihad. I also think we must stop the bleeding out of radical Islam into Western Culture via Emigration, but dont confuse that with current events.
    Fuck Multicuturalism, when you move to the 'West' you live in Western Culture. But, at the same time, you don't take a crap on the devil's doorstep.

"Congratulations, Sony... you put up less resistance than the French!"
    - Bill Maher {who I also seldom agree with}

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015