"That 70's Show"

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Dec 1, 2005.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I loved it when it was new... seems even funnier in re-runs.

Is it a classic or what?

{dont answer that with the obvious!}

2. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

RE: "That 70

Do you find yourself stroking your chin and nodding in agreement with Red, the conservative father figure? Just wondering, because I happen to like the curly haired dude with the sun glasses.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Re: RE: "That 70

He!!, no...but I laff like hell!

I just looked at the IMDB comments on the show.... i cant believe some of the negative ones..."While I wasnt alive in the 70's I think that..."

Well, BS... those characters are a WHOLE lot like the ones I was running with in the mid to late 60's!
    Didnt have a Fez... but did have a couple 'exchange students' that had their own quirks! Guess the closet one to Fez was the Italian AF guy... but he wasnt very funny! And he actually GOT chicks!

Knew a Donna..In fact I married her.. dang, I'm Eric! But, no... my dad wasnt "Red", my wife's dad was...

And we had a Kelso, too... dumb as a rock..who later started a lawn care biz and retired to Florida at age 45...{PF bangs head on floor}

An, oh yeah, we had a "Steven", actually two... unfortunately one of them came back from Nam all busted up and a druggie from the Morphine and he was killed in a car wreck shortly thereafter.

And guess what... they all hung out (just not EVERY day) at my place. But mainly the difference was that bars with cheap beer and cover bands were long gone by the time this sitcom is supposed to take place. Cause THAT is where we hung, beside the one remaining drive in restaurant.

And, it was ME that dated "Jackie"..but for a very short time. Of course dhe dumped ME to move on to the "more promising" {better heeled} venues..

So if it was so much like the 60's why couldnt it be like the 70's .. at least some..