1. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

Starts today with FCD v. Chivas Guadalajara (9 pm EST) and LA v. Pachua (11pm EST)

Broadcasts on Telefutura and stream on TVU player

Group A:
    Club America
    D.C. United
    Houston
    Monarcas Morelia

Group B:
    FC Dallas
    Guadalajara
    Pachua
    LA Galaxy

2. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I watched the FCDallas-Guadalajara game. Dallas looked to be the better team and were frankly robbed by the refs.
    1. Guadalajara's goal came off a deliberate and obvious handball (i.e., player knocked it down with his hand and then shot at the goal while the US players were half-defending, half-waving for the hand-ball)
    2. Guadalajara's goal-keeper took down Alvarez in the box (i.e., swept through with his hands, taking out Alvarez's legs, and then the ball)

I thought it fitting, therefore, that the Galaxy beat Pachuca (I DVRd that game, but haven't watched it yet).

3. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

The Galaxy-Pachua game was pretty entertaining, I thought.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

The more I think about this tournament, the more it comes down to who wants to lose, less.

What a horrible time for it. Only Houston and Dallas can afford the luxury of thinking much about it.

DC and LA have to worry about winning every MLS game they can, and yet... all US teams are unbeaten after one game

http://www.superliga2007.com/

5. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

From what I understand, the games have been very good so far. Unfortunately, I say understand because I have not been around to see them and I don't have TeleFutura.

Anyway, DC allowing a 10 men Morelia to tie it up is funny. Quite funny. Not as funny as Club America allowing Houston's Nate Jaqua to easily score. Nate Jaqua!!

This weekend's games should be fun. LA is hosting Chivas and DC will host Club America.

6. pettyfog

Sad we've not been paying too much attention or maybe a good thing.

I hear Houston goes out, losing to Pachuca on PK's
    Ngwenya absolutely screws it.. from commentary I've seen he REALLY blew it on the approach to the ball. Ngwenya's trade pedigree from my Crewfan viewpoint.

Sanneh > Razov > Wolyniec > Ngwenya > Alej Moreno

And yes all but Sanneh have performed but I think CREW WINS

7. Markus

Markus Member

Great game last night (Hou-Puc). final after 120+ minutes: 2(4)-2(5)

Houston played a man down for 75+ minutes, then in the first extra time it was evened by a Pachuca red-card and went down a man again moments later!

The Nguenya PK was terrible, trying to be tricky it just lightly bounced off Calero's chest while on his knees.

Great game/competition, Houston played with loads of heart but in the end the better team probably won.

We've played Pachuca on three occasions now (hou 1 win/Puc 2 wins) and every game has been fantastic.

8. jmh

jmh New Member

Hey, what do you have against John Wolyniec? (I mean, other than how horse-faced he is.)

9. pettyfog

who said I have anything against him? I was speaking of trade progression. each player is better {for Cols, anyway} than the one before... heck i was unhappy with Ngwenya going until I watched ALej play... he is MUCH better for our purposes.

Woly for us, or at least Sigi's scheme, was almost useless. Sanneh IS/WAS useless. Razov can only play where he feels the love.

It's noteworthy that Sanneh's last act with the Crew was to shove Cunningham aside and take a PK in a playoff game, whiff it, and effectively kill us as it was the second stopped pk in Regulation in the match. Now look at the progression..