SuperLiga: Club de Futbol Pachuca @ LA Galaxy

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by FFCinPCB, Aug 23, 2007.

1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I'm on the bandwagon and hootin' and hollerin'!!

Still have many negative thoughts about MLS, but tonight I'll try to keep them to myself. Tonight, I'm a Galaxian (although I prefer Galaga).

:banana:

2. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Um....the Pachuca game is next Wednesday...

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Yeah, tonight they're playing the Mexican minor league team -- Chivas USA.

4. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

oh crap. oh well, tomatoes and all that.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Yeah... but it is PRETTY DAMN INTERESTING!

Not too much soccer but it's pretty chippy, cheap shot by Zot on Beckham, then Zot headbutts Harm, and 2 reds... for the latter two.

6. jmh

jmh New Member

Re: RE: SuperLiga: Club de Futbol Pachuca @ LA Galaxy

Zot Knight? :lol:

7. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Klein's goal: clutch and spectacular, look it up. We're in extra time now.

8. nevzter

Pachuca's shirts look strangely similar to NASCAR vehicles. All things the same, I'm diggin' this match.

9. nevzter

Penales!!!!

10. nevzter

Landon misses his penalty with a chance to win on the line. Pachuca win on penalties. Despite his protracted penalty skit, he still exuded nervousness.

11. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Too bad. I just hope now they manage the squad intelligently and realize this year is all but done and try to keep what players they have healthy, and STOP playing Becks 90 friggin' minutes a match.

I've said it time and time again ... let the man start and play a half or 60 minutes, but then take him out. Or bring him in in the second half as a sub.

People who complain about not being able to see him play will feel like dolts if he further injures himself and never plays 100% again.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I caught the match around the 35th minute and stayed until the end of the penalties. Wow! What a match for a non-partisan fan. I have never seen so many top-shelf quality reaction saves. Both Cannon and Calero [looks a bit like David James w/o hair] were stunning time and again. Calero's save of a point blank power header from 8 or so yards away was amazing. Klein's goal was a stunner and kept me up another hour. Also a shoutout to the Guatamalan referee who apparently lost his whistle and didn't call any chippy fouls, and to the complete absence of diving by the players.

Perfect answer to people who think that 1-1 matches are boring. Well played both sides. Sorry about Becks. Does RSL's victory last night condemn LAG officially?

13. pettyfog

It condemns Lalas and/or Yallop.. yeah, I know 'injuries'.

But -for example- they picked up Buddle to help them and that's just DUMB.

Ah, well look for sigi to be seriously considered to go back.

14. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Fantastic game, too bad Klein's goal came around 1am EST. Cannon absolutely stood on his head throughout and looked to reap the rewards until our favorite world-class player/whipping boy walked up to the spot.
    That whole kissing the wrists pre-shot routine spelled doom. He did it in the Gold Cup and was lucky he didn't miss there. I liked the Pachuca gk doing the Mutumbo finger waggle afterwards only to get a yellow.

15. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Speaking of which ... was there any reason in Hades why the match was played so late? That made absolutely no sense to me.

16. pettyfog

YallopLalas should sentence him to watch a continuous loop of that ridiculosity until he cries uncle and promises to either cut it way down or never do it again...

Maybe he doesnt MEAN to showboat, but it sure LOOKs like showboat.

17. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

quickdraw; My guess would be because they wanted to get the biggest gate they could. Judging by the looks of things there wasn't anymore than 10-12k there. If the Galaxy had been winning and either Chivas (parent club) or Club America (with huge LA followings) the place would have been a sellout.

18. Jensers

Jensers New Member

They could have sold it out, but they only sold 12 thousand tickets because the college made that request. They claimed that a midweek game would be too disrupting to the students and so the decision was made. The end seats were not even open.

Personally I think that is lame.

That game was crazy. The last 20 minutes Galaxy started coming alive and then it turned into run and gun madness. Kobi made a HUGE impact - and that was fun to see. Chalk one up for the old-timer.

Donavon's kiss himself deal was just silly. Made him look so scared that we was about to pee himself. Just run up and hammer it!

Donavon and Xavier screwed it and they should have been automatic. I was depressed and still am - I have to listen to all the freaking pachuca fans gloat. Stupid.

MLS vs Mexican League. To me it is a bigger deal then just a couple of clubs going at it. To become a legit league we are going to have to start by taking Mexico.

Plus I am tired of Pachuca winning everything.

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

That was 8 o'clock local time. The same time, as I remember, that Yankee home games are played, and a typical tip-off time for NBA games.