'Staying up Party'

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by americanmike, May 13, 2008.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Well has anyone ever been so happy to be a Fulham supporter?! I still can’t believe that we did it.

Anyway, me and the missus have just booked our trip ‘back home’ (Long island, NY) for two weeks from the June 28th to July 13th. With that said, I was planning on having all the local Fulham fans over for a bit of a BBQ on the beach (regardless of what division we were in) but now I will turn this into a ‘Staying Up’ party and I will provide the food and beer (keg anyone?!).

I’ll be sending out an email to those of you in the tri-state area but if you are interested in coming please give me a shout. It will probably have to take place on either the 29th June, or the 12th July as to avoid the July 4th weekend. Unless of course some of you can make a staying up party on the 4th, 5th or 6th of July.

Any thoughts? Suggestions.

COYW’s

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

3. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

RE:

CRAP! I will be in NYC June 16-23!!! I haven't booked my tickets yet...maybe I can extend my stay if I can find a place to crash for a week ;).

Dangitall...
    -T

4. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

well, i'll be up there first weekend in august. don't think i can get away with two trips in one summer.

5. Kathy

Kathy New Member

RE:

Mike, It's a great idea and very gracious of you! We have Region 1 Soccer the final weekend of June, so I vote for the 12th of July! The 4th could also work.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Mikey, give us more notice next time, and the band will leave the weekend free. It won't cost much to fly us out there and back, find lodgings, and pay us to play. We'd even give you a FulhamUSA discount!

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Nah, Mikey you are going to be in DC to see some fireworks on the 4th. :wink:

8. RDG

RDG Member

Count me in!

With enough notice, the wife might drive out there and we'll make a weekend of it (um, not to sound as though we'd stay with you; I think she has a place in mind in Riverhead). So, we may be able to drive some of the lot out there, at least. Of course, if she's not around that weekend, I'll just schlepp out on the LIRR.

I'll bring the veggie burgers (and bagels?)

9. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

10. jmh

jmh New Member

Sounds awesome!

I don't think the Jitney is a bad deal - it's only marginally more expensive than the LIRR.

11. sublicon

sublicon New Member

12. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Yeah and much more comfortable. I recommend it.

13. americanmike

Great stuff guys, I have a variety of doable dates from you all but I'll get one sorted by next week. Bring your colors!

14. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

What a great idea!

Kudos, Mike!

15. americanmike

NJGlen also said he would make it and is bringing the family as well. As well as CriticalBill and fams.

Open to all...

16. americanmike

Come on Donny, you can be the 'entertainment'!

17. americanmike

A bostonian is now confirmed...hmmm, I'd better get a date sorted eh?

18. americanmike

have received a few emails from those who don't post but 'lurk' and are interested in reliving a few FFC related tales. One suggested I put down my email address for others who are interested but not posters. Mike@fulhamusa.com so there you go.

19. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

I'd like to come, but it'd depend on the date, to be honest. July 12 would be fantastic, though. I'm not sure what I can bring, considering I'm likely to train it up allllll the way to Long Island.

20. americanmike

There is obviously a mix in availablity and I'm trying to do my best to accomodate all.

I'm currently leaning towards doing it on Sunday the 29th since it is my first full day in the country where as the 12th would be kind of depressing since I'm leaving the next day.