Starting 11 vs. Arsenal this Weekend

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by iriedog, Aug 9, 2007.

1. iriedog

iriedog New Member

Starting 11 versus Arsenal......

This is taking into account the following:

Bouzza: Our new signing from Watford hasn't had a chance to work into the team yet. He's a stud though. 8 goals last season and fast as hell. He's a Boa Morte without all the emotional baggage. He'll be ousting Lee Cook or giving him a run on the left wing.

Hughes: Injured

Leijer: Unproven in EPL hasn't worked with team, but was A-League young player of the year and could be exceptional talent.

..................................Niemi....................................

Rosenior/Baird...........Knight (Why?)........Bocanegra..........Konchesky

............................................Smertin........................
    Davis/Davies....................................................Cook(Bouzza to sub)
    ............................Dempsey........................................

.................................................Kamara (Healy to sub).......
    ..........................McBride (C)..............................................

Subs: Baird, Davies, Healy, Bouzza, Warner

I guess you have to get Diop on the bench....but we're just carrying too many players IMO. I think you sell Diop and Knight. Sanchez might feature them, to get rid of them actually....We may see Diop playing where Smertin is so some interest is gained and he can be shipped out before the 31st. I just don't think he has the team attitude that we're trying to build at Fulham. Coleman should have taken the 10 million when Wigan offered it in January.

Anyhow.....just my thoughts and being a bit wishfull about Dempsey. I would play him behind McBride if Kamara is not fit to go and have Davies (wide) and Davis on the right.

What do you lot think?

2. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Davis is a central midfielder and will only play in the middle. Dempsey might start over him in a attacking CM role otherwise Dempsey plays out wide somewhere or rides the bench.

3. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Looks good to me. While I would like to see Bouzza play this weekend, it would be best to have him come in as a late sub if needed. It should be quite a match to watch, with all these new players and everything.

4. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Yep. Your set up loks about right. Why Knight? Well, Hughes is hurt, Chrsitenval is MIA, and Baird is not ready (I think). I'm not happy about about, but that will probably be the way Sanchez goes.

And darnit, iriedog, quit getting the dog high.

5. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

I think Baird will be the RB and Dempsey will play out on the wing. Otherwise, the right lineup, although I'm still baffled by Knight's inclusion. What does LS see in him?

6. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

Well done, PCB, well done.

Iriedog's line up looks pretty solid, though my guess is Dempsey on the right and Diop or Davis in the middle. Though, I just read that Newcastle may be making a $4 million offer for Diop. Thoughts on that?

7. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

....................................Niemi...........................................
    Baird.............Knight......................Boca.................Konchesky
    .................Diop..............Davis............Smertin.................
    ..............Dempsey..............................Kamara...............
    ..................................McBride.......................................

Subs:
    Warner
    Rosenior
    Davies
    Bouzza
    Healy

a 4-3-2-1....Dempsey and Kamara making forward runs...McBride controlling and laying off to them. Diop, Davis and Smertin closing down any Arsenal midfielder that receives the ball.

8. DCDave

DCDave Member

I disagree on Diop. The problem we've had the last few years is not enough good players. We need good players on the bench to challenge the guys in the lineup and for Cup runs.

On Knight, maybe somebody in USL-1 needs a defender on the bench... :D

The main thing, though, is that the season is starting. You know what that calls for? :banana:

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

We do NOT have too many players, although I think we could have done better elsewhere with the money we spent on Bouazza. I'm still remembering running a RB and a CB as half of our midfield last year.

I'm going to hold off on naming a side until the third match. I have no idea who's match fit and who's where on LS's depth chart. I figure ArseHole and Bolton will sort some of that out.

COYW!!!

10. jmh

jmh New Member

RE: Re: Starting 11 vs. Arsenal this Weekend

I'm not necessarily convinced that Bouazza or Cook are ready to be in the lineup at this point. I like omsdogg's idea of 3 central midfielders, though I'd be inclined to do Dempsey behind Kamara and McBride rather than Dempsey and Kamara behind McBride, but that's nitpicking. I also personally would use Liam or Volzy at right back instead of Baird, but I think it's pretty clear what LS's feelings on the matter are. With Hughes out I think it's got to be Knight with Boca in the middle - Pearce and Christanval just don't have the pace to keep with anybody the Arse is going to put out there.

11. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Re: RE: Re: Starting 11 vs. Arsenal this Weekend

agreed...and I think that's the only reason Knight will play. My bet is LS is sick that he resigned Zat after watching his crap throughout the preseason. As for the RB spot...I'd prefer Liam there I think....maybe LS will do that and put Baird in the middle...but I doubt it. I'm thinking he'll try to showcase Zat the first few matches...hope he doesn't blunder the way he always does...then find a suitor for him and ship his @$$ out!!!!

12. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

What I'd like to see:

----------------------------Niemi---------------------------
    Rosenior------Baird------Bocanegra------Konchesky
    Davies-------Smertin---------Dempsey-----Bouazza
    ----------------McBride--------Kamara------------------

Bench: Warner, Pearce, Davis, Diop, John

I suspect we'll see Baird at RB, and Knight and Boca at CB. Wouldn't surprise me if Rosenior starts on the right wing too.

13. psand22

psand22 Member

Hell, who really knows whats gonna end up on the pitch on Funday. Arsenal have a few injuries and we have a new team that haven't had time to gel. I see an Arsenal victory late (2-1) with our road problems.

Niemi
    Liam - ZAt - Boca - Konchesky
    Davies - Smertin - Diop - Dempsey
    McBride - Kamara

14. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

According to soccernet - in addition to Hughes - Pearce, Christenval, and Cook are all unavailable this weekend due to injury. :?: :?

15. tibor

tibor New Member

I would like to see:

Not Zat
    Not Zat - Not Zat - Not Zat - Not Zat
    Not Zat - Not Zat - Not Zat - Not Zat
    Not Zat - Not Zat

16. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

thanks for the update. so far my lineup is in tact.

17. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

Based on who's in the squad (according to Sky Sports):

Neimi
    Rosenior-Baird-Boca-Konchesky
    Davies-Diop-Smertin-Dempsey
    Kamara-McBride

18. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Neimi
    Baird-Knight_Boca-Konchesky
    Davies-Smertin-Davis-Dempsey