St. Louis - Tigin Pub

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by JP-STL, May 8, 2008.

1. JP-STL

JP-STL New Member

Here is what I'm doing for my wife for Mothers' Day... she gets to sleep in and enjoy a quite house while I take all five of our children for the morning and early afternoon. First, we have a club soccer game for my 10 and 11 year-olds in the morning.

That will be done by about 11:00. It will take us about an hour to pack up and get downtown to Tigin. I'll treat the kids to a pub lunch and watch the second half of the tape-delay broadcast.

Last weekend, I was there with my two youngest (daughters, ages 5 and 7). We had a nice breakfast together, and met one other fulhamusa.com fan. But the girls got restless, and I had to leave at halftime. It was a real bummer to miss such a great second half.

Maybe I can get a couple more St. Louisans to show up this week at Tigin...I could use some help babysitting!

If the weather is nice, perhaps after the match I'll take the kids to Forest Park so my wife can enjoy more peace and quiet at home. Really, it is for my wife...the fact that the St. Louis Beer Festival is being held in the park has nothing to do with it!

2. JP-STL

JP-STL New Member

I just learned that my boys' soccer game has been re-scheduled to 11:00 a.m. So don't look for me at Tigin on Sunday.

3. Kynd

Kynd New Member

Does Tigin have Setanta Xtra or just regular Setanta? I would love to find somewhere to watch it live - taped games don't have that same excitement.

4. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

Re: RE: St. Louis - Tigin Pub

They just got regular Setenta. If you do find somewhere to watch it live, please post it. I've been calling bars all week and I can not find it live anywhere.

Not sure If I'll watch the replay at Tigin or not.

5. JP-STL

JP-STL New Member

RE: Re: RE: St. Louis - Tigin Pub

Youth soccer games are cancelled tomorrow (Sunday). I'll be at Tigin, but probably only for the second half.

6. JP-STL

JP-STL New Member

I'd agree if it was a local event. It is hard NOT to see or overhear things. But with a Fulham match, it is very easy to stay in the dark. Hell, most folks among my family and friends don't know/care one bit about Fulham, and it certainly won't be mentioned on any local media. As long as the 5 or 6 people who will be at Tigin tomorrow don't give anything away, I think this will feel the same as watching live.

Hopefully, my boys and I can get into the that little private room they have, so we won't be tempted to look at any of the other TV screens showing FSC.