Spurs = NBA Champs!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by quickdraw, Jun 15, 2007.

1. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Well, I can't really say I am surprised. My Spurs have been quite dominant for almost a decade, and even better is that they manage to do it without many HUGE names (read: Kobe, Shaq, etc), but with teamwork.

As a Pittsburgh sports fan and loyal Anti-Clevelander, I laughed this morning when I read the news. But I also had to give them their credit. I honestly doubt many people expected the Cavs to make it far this season, let alone make it to the Finals.

So to them, I tip my hat. I do always love a good underdog story, even if it is set in Cleveland.

I didn't watch ANY basketball games this season. My 8th year running! But I was curious if any of you guys followed them and what your thoughts on the season in general were.

Cheers,

-Brandon.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well, I didnt care enough to remember it was on.. or I would have watched it.

Seeing Lebron's post game remarks are worrying though...
    He said: "I have to get better"... Hmmmm, see The thread on "Luther Wright story"

I think Lebron had better start accepting reality and refuse to increase the load he's carrying already. For the Cavs to get better, management and the owners need to step it up.

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Wooo-hoooo!!!!! It's over, finally.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Drinking my last free cup of coffee. Valero estimates they've given away over 50,000 bucks in coffee in this little bit of public relations [everyone gets a free 20 ouncer after each Spurs playoff win], but I've been picking one up every day even when I pay.

Glad that the good guys won. In this case, also, the good guys lost. Cleveland is a class organization. We think the world of Danny Ferry and Mike Brown here, and LeBron is the future of the league. Problem is, however, that Tim and Pop and the Spurs are the present.

Side note: Tony Parker's good buddy Thierry Henry was in Cleveland for the decider and, like most summers, will be spending a week or so in SA. When I'm stalking Eva ... I'm sorry I'll read that again ... if I'm in Tony's neighborhood, I'll stop by and ask Thierry to move to Fulham on a free and wages of 300 pounds a week.

Another side note: a couple of years ago when Steve Nash was still with Dallas, he visited Parker and Henry during a rest day and coaxed Henry into letting him photograph him with Parker. The reason? Nash's dad played with Tottenham, and Henry was wearing a Spurs jersey.

Nice to be back, by the way; where's the effing signings?