Spur's and Charlton

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Rob@ffc, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Rob@ffc

Rob@ffc New Member

The next two weeks should be very interesting. Spurs away and Charlton at home are two big games for us and we really need to win atleast one of them. Most would probably say charlton at home - 3 points, but im sure its not going to be as easy as that, especially the way we have been playing at home this season. Weve been poor at home this season, and i hate saying that. Against the likes of villa, west brom, birmingham, boro and blackburn weve been second best and that's got to change from now onwards. Spurs away will be tough especially seen as theyve singed quite a few good players in january so im not expecting much from them but i still hope we go there and battle with them throughout the game and maybe get a point.

I think it would be brilliant if we get 4 points from the next two games.

Anyway, weve got to keep focused and make sure we dont slip into the relegation fight again.

COYW'S

2. AtlantaJohn

AtlantaJohn New Member

spurs

Just a thought or two about this game, it is obviously a London Derby and as such as special meaning for everyone concerned, Fulham have played well against Spurs over the last few seasons, and that must give the lads some optimism. One thing that might really help is that Spurs like us are going nowhere in the league although we could most certainly go on that slippery slide now that our season is over, and players begin to posture themselves for wage negotiations and the like. But Spurs must be looking at the Cup as a real good chance for them to have a season, they have avoided Arsenal and Man U in the next round, and must fancy their chances of getting a result against a very up and down Newcastle team, who themselves cannot claim they are safe. Spurs obviously have to get past Forest which might mean a team picked against us not as strong as if they were pushing for something in the league, and anybody with a slight injury might well be rested to get them 100% for the game at Forest which as I have said now becomes a big un for them.