Someone record Rome is Burning

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Apr 4, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

It's why we're getting hit so hard. Wynalda may be on there explaining

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I will try to if I can get a hold of my brother-in-law.

3. Jux

Jux New Member

It sounds like the rant must have come off the radio program. I can't find it here, but his site has the broadcast from the previous day on it. So if you can't get the ESPN program recorded, I suggest checking out the radio program tomorrow. Does anyone know which hour of the broadcast it came from?

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

HIJACK ALERT!

While y'all are recording Rome is Burning, GET OVER TO PAGE 2 and read the WHITEwitch's delightful narrative of things in and around the Pompey match.

I loved her posts on the offal during the WC, and it's wonderful to see her here whenever she blesses us.

HIJACK OVER!

5. DCDave

DCDave Member

This is what I found on TFI. I'm out of the loop--what's up? I know what they're talking about is PCB's interview with Wynalda, but other than that, what's the controversy (other than the fact that Rome is a dope, which is not controversial at all)?

--------------------------------

FulhamUSA on the Radio -- PBD, Wednesday, April 04, 08:08:11pm (86.130.255.149)
    I just received an email from my uncle who is currently in the states on business. He said was just in the car with his american co-worker and FulhamUSA was being talked about by some US team player and some analyst. My Uncle couldn't believe they were talking about Fulham let alone FulhamUSA.

Seems an interview with the player/ex-player has sparked a nationwide controversy? Anyone shed some light on this? Mike maybe? The american in the car confirmed it was a nationwide radio station as well.

6. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Same here, what is up with Rome an FUSA?

7. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

In short:

Wynalda doesn't like Rome
    Rome doesn't like Wynalda
    Wynalda tells Rome to suck something via his interview with FUSA
    Rome finds out and comes to FUSA to read said interview
    Rome talks about FUSA and Wynalda on his show
    Wynalda calls up Rome's show and a small soccer controversy is born

The result for FulhamUSA is lots of people visit us:
    [​IMG]

My question is does anyone like Rome?

8. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Never been. I hear it is pricey and overcrowded.

9. BoilerBen

BoilerBen New Member

JIM ROME is a bitch!!! His TV show on ESPN sucks ass too!!!

10. DCDave

DCDave Member

He has become very rich by being very obnoxious. I'd rather be poor.

11. DCDave

DCDave Member

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, I'm sorry Waldo backed off, but I'm sure there's some concern there about his job.

And I agree with PCB about Rome. Crappy, insulting, hot, sweaty, expensive place. Couple of great soccer teams. One of them even loaned a striker to FULL-HAM!

Calling Jim Everett! Calling Jim Everett!

13. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Hmm...it's the day after and we have 129 Guests. But then again I saw the article over on Bigsoccer, so that could be the increase in website traffic, as well.

PCB, Petty, and Mike...nothing but trouble-makers. :wink:

14. GHsoccerjoe23

GHsoccerjoe23 New Member

This isnt the right way to promote soccer in the U.S. having a big name person getting upset and giving people the wrong picture

thak goodness there is not any U.S.A. games soon other wise he'd have to explain himself

15. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard... could you please resize that avatar to 200 pixels wide, max. Our softawred doesnt adjust avatar size.

Go to downloads/helpers and follow directions if you cant do it otherwise.
    remember to rename resizer to PhotoResize200.exe..using right-click, 'rename'

16. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

World Soccer Daily made a quick blurb about the Rome/Wynalda tiff and mentioned FUSA! Ya! Free publicity.

17. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I agree with you there GH but none of us thought it would get this big but it must be said that Wyanalda speaks his mind and unfortunately the person he attacked took advantage of that.

The point of our interview wasn't to promote US soccer...

18. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

The thing is for someone who hates soccer, he seemed to have quickly picked up on the article that mentioned his name (in a small but testy blurb). Plus, he didn't have to mention it on his radio program...he could have had a private word with Wynalda (off air). He seems to do a lot of promoting of the game with his shtick.

Personally, I can do without the male bravado...but hey it's publicity for the site.

19. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

I'm sure Rome's people do a Google search for him everyday... see what's out there that has his name attached to it...

I caught wind of the article from ESPN Page 2's A.M. Jump today... glad to see the Fulham faithful causing a stir!

20. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

i don't think Rome's ripping of soccer does anything to detract people from soccer. If people hate soccer, they hate it and most likely always will. Just because he pokes fun at orange slices, mom's in station wagons and Capree Sun's (which is kind of funny) isn't going to make someone neutral hate soccer. i actually think the fact that he brings it up so much means it is making headway, else why would he care about it? Rome has to criticize certain aspects in the sporting world (like soccer) because that's how he gains his following. I don't hate Rome...I think he's kind of funny sometimes, but he'll never influence my views on any sport. I choose what i like and what I don't like...and then any time I listen to the radio, i decide if i agree or disagree with what the person on air is saying.