Soccernet Upgrade

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by HatterDon, Mar 13, 2008.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Help!

For several years now, I've been using ESPN Soccernet as my primary source of match reports and scores from leagues in Europe and in the United States. My biggest complaint with the site has been that, with each upgrade, more and more memory is required to move through the dozen or so pages I access each time I visit -- several times a day on match days.

The site's most recent upgrade takes so much memory that it is now taking me up to 2 minutes to access/refresh a page. And now that the automatic refresh option is non-functional, the frustration level is rising.

So, is there another site -- not nearly so junk-filled and slow -- where I can access match day information, match reports, match previews and the like? Your suggestions, gentlefolk, please. I have enough frustration being a Fulham supporter; I don't need more from ESPN.

Thanks

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Sorry, I cant either verify that.. or find anyone else who says they have the problem.

This may have to do with the feeds Soccernet has set up to other reporting sites but I dont know that for sure.

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Don-

Texas Instruments computers often have these types of problems. I think I know how to fix it.

Buy a new computer!

4. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

dude be dissin' my Dell. :x

6. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

thanks for the suggestions, guys. Interesting note, when I click into an article on Soccernet -- as in the Steve Cherundolo article that Barry P posted -- I have no problem. The problems arise in:

a. going to their home page
    b. going into their "all scores" page
    c. the fact that the auto-refresh seems to be disabled
    d. navigating from league score page to league score page

All of this is since they did their last upgrade.

8. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Don - they've added some autorun video stuff - very annoying.