Soccernet and the MLS

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by HatterDon, Oct 10, 2006.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, it's Tuesday lunchtime and Saturday's MLS matches at Salt Lake City and Dallas STILL haven't ended. And, as they have since the season began, NYRB managed to play an entire game without a player on the field! At least that's according to ESPN Soccernet. Sunday afternoon I sent those bozos my 3rd or 4th email on the problem; GOK when I'll hear back other than the "I got your email; screw you very much" automatic thing.

The problem with Red Bull is that the team changed its name after ESPN had already allocated the $95 dollars or so they spend on MLS every season. Although you can track their players through the MLS-players/teams portion of the website, no lineups appear for any of their matches, and all their goals are scored by Mr Blank or Herr Niemand. I don't know much about computers, but I figure that Petty could link up the MetroStars with NYRB for ESPN in 20 minutes or so using a coat hanger and sarcasm. :lol:

As for the final scores on Saturday's matches, who knows? Maybe the one temp who cares had an early date and doesn't come back in until Thursday.

Yes, I can get the scores elsewhere, but Soccernet is where I get ALL my scores from half-dozen leagues around the world -- including the one that plays in the country where ESPN is located, and whose matches ESPN broadcasts. It would be really nice, just once, for a website that provides a "contact us" system and generates a "thanks for identifying the problem, we'll fix it right away" to actually act as if "customer service" weren't just two unrelated words. :twisted:

My, I'm more wrapped 'round the axle than I thought I was! :oops:

2. WonsanUnited

WonsanUnited New Member

Red Bulls suck. I think the should have gotten Arena after the season ended. The assisstant guy was doing a good job and knew the team very well.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Yeah.. that damn barb wire!

Well the good thing about MLSNET is that it's run by the same fols that run MLB's site.. and it is pretty good as far as the scores and commentary.. not all flattering, either.