So.. what WOULD satisfy those Tea Party Radicals in 2016?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Mar 15, 2014.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Re: So.. what WOULD satisfy those Tea Party Radicals in 2016

No Tea Partier worth his salt would recommend making voting easier. They've spent the last three years devising systems to make voting much more difficult for every demographic that doesn't vote Republican -- i.e. all except white men between the ages of 30 and 60. But, yes. Your message is clear: if you want sensible regulation, more ethics in government, more efficiency in government -- vote Democrat!

too good to pass up!

3. pettyfog

Yeah Don... Good Cherrypicking. Showing proof of id and residence to vote is fascist. Any views on the other talking points?
    And I guess the proof is in the pudding.. look how much better things are going now.

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

"sensible regulation" as in telling people what health care plan is best for them.
    "ethics in government" as in lying to the American people over and over again, and lying to congressmen in your own party
    "efficiency in government" as in that nifty healthcare website. I'll give you one thing, though, they've been pretty efficient in preventing conservative groups from getting tax exempt status.

5. Eloc

Eloc New Member

Voter ID laws are retarded. The amount of voter fraud is less than 1/10 of 1%.

6. Eloc

Eloc New Member

What about the sensible regulation in gasoline?! 10ppm sulfur is obviously necessary.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Now THIS is cherry picking -- and not with a whole lot of accuracy. Which conservative group was prevented from getting tax exempt status again?

8. pettyfog

That sounds about right for the country as a whole. May be even less. but tell me, since you need a picture id to do any financial transaction, and especially to get into an office of a politician or labor official. So what's the problem? And if you want I can point you here: Where the same view as yours is projected despite the obvious provable cases, as if they were anomalies.
    Actually, can be taken both ways... read this whole thing.
    http://www.cdxetextbook.com/fuelSys/emission/types/sulfurcontent.html
    I agree on the need for sensible regulation. The old diesel formula was ridiculous. Folks who actually pay attention to these things like I do see tremendous improvements because of low-sulfur regs.
    AS much flack as CARB automotive regs has gotten, some for good reason, it pushed the auto industry into great advances in both fuel mileage and longevity. And for some.. like me, made it feasible and fun to work under the hood again.
    There's diminishing returns for emissions regulation. As it is, Catalytic converters now typically last the life of the vehicle, {assuming you havent bought crap fuel} and dont buy the hype, sometimes O2 sensors do, as well. Substituting chemicals for that last bit of sulfursulfur might make things worse. See MTBE

The bottom line, you choose to swallow Progressive memes in a gulp, you deserve what you ultimately get. But do I? Unlike what some of you guys said from the eight years previous, I say 'WE' elected these people.

9. pettyfog

Seriously Don.. SERIOUSLY!!!!!!? Where the f***k do you get your facts!!!!

If I have to point out the real contortions in Logic represented there, then it aint worth it.

10. Eloc

Eloc New Member

bringing diesel sulfur ppm down to 15 i can stand, heck gas is starting that too. but now their switching over to 10ppm? and i know all about MTBE. those mileage regulations make sense to a certain point. innovation in gasoline consumption should be encouraged, but as far as im concerned there isnt a point in further regulating the refining industry. MTBE came about because of lead removal, i can see this repeating istelf with whatever replaces MTBE.

11. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

If you would really like to know my friend started an organization that was denied in it's initial filing and still doesn't have it. His organization's motto is lower taxes, better schools and services so I guess that was the red flag for the IRS. Our city has the highest taxes in the state and among the highest in the nation. Business keep leaving our city; there are empty store fronts all over. All he wants to do is promote policies that will attract businesses, new residents and provide alternatives to raising taxes every time the city is in need of revenue. He was served a cease and desist letter with a threat of litigation by our city law department to stop using a parody of the city logo in which he replaced two oak leaves with two dollar signs. Our city was found to be in violation of the law by a federal judge and they wasted $50,000 of our taxpayer money to defend themselves. Oh and I wonder if it's a coincidence that Obama keeps visiting our city (I'm not talking Cleveland but my little city of 27,000 residents).

During the auto bailout plans to shut down a local automotive plant were announced 24 hrs after our local democrat congressmen (there are no other kind in Cleveland) were promised by the White House the Chrysler bankruptcy would not affect any jobs in the area. 24 hours, hows that for a stone faced lie? The only one of our democrat congressmen to cry foul play was Kucinich because despite how wrong he is about everything he actually works and cares about his constituency.

You can say cherry picking all you want but these were things that actually affected people I know and I can go on with more examples like the Cleveland clinic and the affordable care act.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I hadn't heard about this group. I'm assuming that he is attempting to get a 501C4 "public information" status. Since there are already dozens -- if not hundreds -- of overtly partisan political "public information" C4's, I have a feeling that the problem is not so much with the content. That field has been plowed over and over.

To tell the truth, the majority -- if not the totality -- of 501C4s should be deprived of their tax exempt status -- including those that promote progressive causes. They are all pretending to be what they're not: non-partisan. I have no problem with what they promote. I have a LOT of problem with them scamming the non-profit/non-political status.

As far as being told what health care is best for me, I get 15 or 20 pieces of mail telling me that -- not to mention numerous television ads. NONE of these are the government. The government isn't selling any health insurance. They're ATTEMPTING TO provide a marketplace for people to choose among multiple policies -- all of them commercially developed and sold for profit.

Speaking of which, pretending that the AAC website is the only new government program site to have troubles is silly and is the essence of cherry picking. The government is forced to use the low bidder -- by law -- and you get what you pay for.

so, did the government shut down the Chrysler plant? Or did a corporate entity make a corporate decision? Obama doesn't shut down private industries any more than Bush did.

Now, our legislature and our governor DID decide to allow us Texans to go on paying taxes to support Medicaid and then bar us from participating in the program -- but that's all about freedom, I guess.