So PCB can attest that i'm the typical UGA student. LOL

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacob, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Jacob

Jacob New Member

And everyone that was in the Chelsea chat a few weeks ago.
    Last night my roommate and I picked up this guy.
    [​IMG]

Then proceeded in playing deby matches in Fifa 2006 all night. (We were taking it easy today is the big Tennessee game)

After the Steel City Derby of course the SW6 derby came up. I told my roomate I would stomp his Chelsea team with my lack luster 2006 Fulham squad.

I ran a 3-4-3 against his classic 4-4-2. Mcbride, CJ and Helguson were up front. I elected to be even more bold and play with a pressing defence, offsides trap and keep the offence on counter attack the entire game. If you have never played fifa before, this is suicide against a good team. All it takes is a clever through ball and they score.

Inside of 3 min I was behind 1-0. Typical. Frank Lampard sent a long cross behind my defenders and Drogba slotted it home. I had another beer and was determined not to loose. 5 min later Zat took out Lampard from behind and was sent off. So now I was a man down to Chelsea.

8 min later I conceeded a corner kick. After a scramble in the box Drogba shin balled it in just like in real life. 2-0 down the the blue poo at home with 10 men. I decided to put Steed in defence because I was getting torn to shreds by the Chelsea speed.

This is when Fulham started to shine. Helguson got a quick break after some good passing in the midfield. I took a hard shot from the top right of the box and the ball took a post deflection past Czech. Game on! With 10 men I had already figured I was going to lose the game. It was ok, I had scored. 2-1

Fast forward, after being on my heels the entire game 88th min. Mcbride breaks away from his marker and drills one past Czech again just like Helguson. 2-2! At this point we are both kind of drunk and people outside could hear me yelling come on Fulham!

We played the game as a friendly with over time and the option of PK's. Fulham were a man down and tired. We pressed on. In the 105min Mcbride saves the day! A long cross into the box and he puts it away with his head! 3-2 Fulham! My roommate was dumbfounded. How could I beat his chelsea team with a 10 man Fulham squad? I survived the 2nd period of overtime for the win. Celebration was in order so I had another beer lol.

Now it is time for me to put this keg in the passenger seat of the Miata and take it to some sorority girls tailgate. I love this town and I love college, but I love Fulham just a little more. :)

Thanks for reading,
    -Jacob

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: So PCB can attest that i

That was GREAT!

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Remember the immortal words of HatterDon: "Work sucks; stay in college forever." Thanks for the post.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Work ONLY sux if you have to do everything by the book, Don...

Jacob... find a field you really like and an employer that gives you some slack in the leash. The money will come if it doesnt really seem like work to you.

Even though I've had my knees chopped in my last two 'real jobs', I still appreciate what I was allowed to do while I was 'growing up', well into my fifties.

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Great story Jacob!! I enjoyed the summary. Obviously I was happy Fulham won!!

Were you playing the new FIFA game or was it last season's? If it was the new one, how was it?

6. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

That was FANtastic!! The game yesterday, however, was not. :3d crying:

The passenger in your car looks familiar though. Seems to be a regular in the Athens area. Great story and still, Goooooooooo Dawgs! Sick 'em, woof, woof, woof!!!!!

7. Jacob

Jacob New Member

We were playing Fifa 2006. I won't let myself go buy 2007 until I take these 2 tests this week.

Yeah, the game didn't go well. Problem is we started drinking about 12pm and at 4pm I was drunk. When we finally got to the game I couldn't really tell you what happened. That seems to be how I go to games now a days. I would never do that at a Fulham match though. That is something I'd rather remember. :)