Sgt Peppers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by GaryBarnettFanClub, Jun 4, 2007.

1. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Probably not a big thing Stateside, but the 1st of June saw the 40th anniversary of the release of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/events/60ss ... pers.shtml

Now, I know that not everyone rates The Beatles, but personally I have loved them since I was small and think they are the greatest band of all time ever. So I am very happy with the coverage, but more than just the coverage, Radio 2 got together a bunch of contemporary musicians to cover the album using the original 4 track recorder from the Pepper sessions. Some bands I already knew, but it has introduced my to "The Fray" so I will be off to buy their album this lunch time.

I have no idea if the links will work in the US, but http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/events/60ss ... ideo.shtml links to the videos of the session. I really like what the "Magic Numbers" did too. Becase this is only the first part some of the bigger songs from the album are not present, but it only reinforces what a fantastic album it is as each song covered is top quality.

Anyhow - I hope the links work, I have spent many hours listening to it since Saturday.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

VERY big thing over here, pard. Lots of response to a thread I posted on my guitar forum "It was 40 years ago today."

There were five or six of us in the barracks in England who got together to play these $25 Sears guitars. One of us went down to WH Smith in Bedford to pick up a copy the day it was released. We were completely blown away. I still am.

3. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Did the links work?

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The didn't work for me, but I only have a couple of the media players available on this side of the water. All I got was "error on page."

5. McBridefan1

McBridefan1 New Member

Re: RE: Sgt Peppers

The link works perfectly and thanks brotha it is great. :D