Sell the Backhoe, hand out shovels... it NEVER ends!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Apr 4, 2015.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

In the schizophrenic world of lefty policy {remember policy is the CORE of 'political thought'}, you will find they always tell the truth at one time or another, just not for direct consumption by the voting blocs.
    So depending on what your belief narrative is you can find something comforting:

Let's start with
    Obama Announces Plan to Train 75,000 Solar Workers
    Sounds good, doesnt it. But if you have an interest in the energy sector, you know there's no market for that many 'solar energy' workers. Unless those who trained for jobs at Solyndra want to chance it again.

But let's back up to a famous quote during a campaign: "The cost of energy will necessarily skyrocket.."
    Same guy as told the SEIU that it would take a while to get to Single Payer Universal Health coverage but we'll get there. Does ANYONE doubt that hasn't changed?

How the hell is Expensive energy good for anyone?

It's left handed logic.. and here's where it came from:
    A wet-eared Berkeley Asst Professor:
    WH science advisor John Holdren: ‘Finally, less energy can mean more employment.’

For those who cant bring themselves to look at a skeptic blog .. cuz they are 'evil Koch funded deniers'
    Here's the original Windsor Star piece from 40 years ago

This is so wrong on so many levels.
    First Europe has already tried what 'we' are thinking about. And it's been a disaster. The EU grid is on the brink of gross instability and failure due to Wind and Solar.

Electric costs are up 24% in 5 years.

This of course is nothing new... we've seen it before from 'Concerned Citizens' who were aghast at those Nike Far East Sweatshops... NEVER MIND that they generally recruited their 'slave labor' from kids who made a dime a day sitting in hot sun in dumps knocking mortar off old bricks.

Even Mainstream Religious Leaders are supporting this new AGW religion 'for the sake of the world's poor.'
    Somehow, mandating more expensive energy, and keeping oil away from them, will save the third world. Good luck on Judgement Day, you frauds... you're doing the Devil's Work and I dont hesitate a minute saying that . Whether YOU believe there's a deceiver or not.

There you have it... When there's a narrative, you dont need a Conspiracy. Sooner or later it becomes the status quo, then a religion, in itself.

One thing the Progressive Uber elite hate is being called 'Luddites' but when you look carefully, that is exactly what they are... across all spectrums. From 'Planned Parenthood' to IMF schemes.
    And it's always their rich friends who benefit in the short term. As long as they pay their 'Friends of...' dues.

See Tom Steyer

Added:I keep forgetting to throw in the kicker, because it's so obvious to anyone who KNOWS the facts:

For every KW of 'renewable' in a stable grid you need a KW of backup power ready to take up the slack when the sun dont shine or the wind doesnt blow. Those are BY DEFINITION the LEAST efficient and highest carbon output sources. And NO ONE is gonna provide that service without a 'Subsidy'.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

75k jobs by 2020 does seem a little ambitious, but the anger about this from the right is that the purpose of this plan is to provide job training for veterans -- you know, part of the 47% of the population that can't do anything without a government paycheck.

As for subsidies, you bet we'll need them. Perhaps we can balance them out by removing [dollar for dollar] from those companies who make billions in profit and pay little or no corporate tax.

Look, I know that today's "conservatives" long for an America that never really existed, but you're a smart guy. Certainly you know that petroleum based vehicles and electricity is just the 19th century hanging on by its fingernails. We're already so far behind in alternative energy development and implementation that we're guaranteed second or third-rate status by mid-century. How can you think this is a good idea? Aren't you the same guy who made fun of newspapers still using print? Or is it just bad because Obama set the goal?

3. pettyfog

Sorry to see your tired hackneyed Prog Fucking fact-free narrative... I am so fucking sick of being labeled with that brush... If you had the least modicum of open mind you would fucking know that AGW might be just a scam to gain governemnt control of energy costs and build a reliable voter base for dependency class.
    While making guys like Steyer and Soros richer ... alla while blaming it on some evil Koch. It has ALREADY happened in Europe..
    See my OTHER new post...

and guess what, the leading skeptic site's owner has all the Green Bells and Whistle toys you could want!
    Address the issues I raise with counterpoints instead of AlGORE/Bill Nye/Media Matters Bullshit or STFU!

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

"dependency class" -- says it all, doesn't it. That's still the 47% that we're talking about -- which includes every active duty military member, every retired member, and ever disabled veteran.

I can understand why billionaires and millionaires have such disdain for half the country, but I can't understand why working folks jump head first onto the "Me Too" train. Do you think they have any concern about people like you and your family?

5. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

6. pettyfog

Don, address the issues! We ALL depend on the government. That is not the issue. The SIDE-issue is ever-increasing dependency. Are you seriously suggesting that it's not a problem for the 47% to depend on governemnt support to avoid freezing?
    And if you had any "Occupy" sympathies, dont you wonder WTH the big landholders are the ones pushing renewables?

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Sure, Jim. What issue are you talking about? All I saw was generalities.