Saved By the Bell Question

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ChicagoTom, Feb 21, 2006.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

As I ate my breakfast this morning, I was watching Saved By the Bell during the Junior High Years in Indianapolis. What I am trying to remember is how most every character, principal included, moved to California for high school. What event happened to make this take place? The answer is eluding me and for some reason it is driving me nuts. I have seen most episodes of this ridiculous series from all the reruns, etc. Any Saved By the Bell buffs out there to give me some help with this?

2. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

After doing extensive research (and looking at lot of Tiffany Amber-Thiessen pictures), I don't think there was any explanation. The people didn't move, the show moved as part of a redesign of the show.

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

If there was no explanation, it is funny how they just all picked up and moved to the sunny shores of California. That is one of those shows that is terrible, yet I always seem to watch it if it is on.

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I didn't even realize that they were in Indianapolis in Junior High...I thought they were always in California.

5. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

Are you sure it was Indianapolis?

I'm sure Lisa Turtle would have been in a segregated school if that was the case.

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I just figured it out with the help of a google search. The show itself started on the Disney Channel as "Good Morning Miss Bliss." This show lasted for a season and the setting was Indianapolis' Kennedy Junior High.

However, when the show switched from "Good Morning Miss Bliss" and moved to NBC's Saturday morning lineup the name changed to "Saved By the Bell" and the setting moved to California.

Unfortunately, it does not give an explanation as to how things all moved, but I am guessing because the show changed names, no explanation was ever given.

So, in true Paul McGuire fashion, I asked a question and answered it myself. For those who do not know Paul McGuire, he was an analysy on ESPN's Sunday Night Football. He is now out of work.

7. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/sav ... acters.htm

Whatever happened to that guy Mikey, and the brown haired girl that used to hang out with the group?

I remember the summer years when i rediscovered Leah Remini as the bosses daughter at the beach club.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096694/

Did you know the AC in AC Slater stands for Albert Clifford?

I heard that Screech was the son of Neil Diamond, or brother of Mike D from the Beastie Boys... niether of which seem to be true.

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Saved By the Bell Question

These two were part of the original series based in Indianapolis. Without notice or anything, the series moved to California and became known as "Saved By the Bell." Mikey and the other girl were not part of the new show in Cali. In essence, they were replaced with AC Slater, Kelly Kopowski and Jessie Spano.