Roy for England

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by FFC24, Jan 3, 2010.

1. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I was watching sky sports and they had their usual paper talk with one of the sports editors. One of the stories was about Roy becoming the next England manager when Capello leaves this year. Apparently, Capello is going to leave after the world cup and Hodgson is a favorite for the job. The new contract comes into play because his options are open becaus its a one year rolling contract.

We are in trouble.

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Don't believe everything you see/read/hear. Then again, its sky sports so it MUST be true.

If Roy decides to move on at some point, then so be it but in the mean time we need to enjoy where we are and where we are going while he is here.

3. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I think that Roy is still in the process of showing Blackburn what they would have had if they'd not panicked and sacked him. We are about 75% of what we can be in his mind. It'll take all next season, and perhaps one more for him to make us the Fulham he sees in his mind. I don't see him leaving before then.

As for England, if Capello does very well in South Africa and then moves on, Roy will know that whoever replaces him will be most likely fired within a year. If England does poorly, ... well, we just might lose him.

5. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

He's working on a great project at Fulham, but if this job opens up, I think he is gone. He's 62 years old and I don't think he's going to take a chance and hope the next person that's fired does a shit job. If the next person does well, he might never see this chance again.

We just gotta hope this job doesn't open up or Guus Hiddink is available or somebody like that.

6. DCDave

DCDave Member

Who knows? If I had a buck for every wild rumor I read in the British press, I'd be able to retire, move to London, and get season tickets.

Roy is successful and English. If there weren't rumors, I'd be wondering why.

7. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I have to believe Roy would eagerly accept the opportunity to manage England as his swan song, regardless of how well they perform this year in the WC. It gives me happiness to know Fulham's manager is the best Englishman available and linked to the national team job.

I'd love for him to stay at Fulham forever, but that's a tad unrealistic...