Rosenior Called up to England Under 21 Squad

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by ChicagoTom, Mar 17, 2005.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Liam Rosenior has been called up to England's Under 21 Squad for their European Championship Qualifying matches against Germany and Azerbeijan.

This is Rosenior's first call up to the Under 21 England squad. A quick tidbit about this is that if Rosenior gets on the pitch against Germany, he will likely be going up against Moritz Volz. Rosenior has taken Volzy's spot and now they might be lining up against each other.

I would love to see that match. I hope Liam does well and can keep a spot in the team!! Congrats to him!

2. Ivor

Ivor New Member

Yeah...the boy has done well.

However he looks more of an attacking player to me. I know that when he was with Bristol City he played up front and midfield. I would like Chrissy to try him in midfield. Well done Liam. Get this for a fact....Liam's dad Leroy played up front with Andy Cole at Bristol City !!!!!

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Liam Rosenior scored England's opening goal in a 3-0 win over South Korea in the Toulon Under-20 tournament in France. He has started and played well in all three matches for England.

Despite losing to Portugal last match, England advanced to the semi-finals with their win over South Korea. Rosenior and his England teammates will now take on France in the semifinals on Wednesday.

Good work Liam!!!