Rory Delap

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by andyns, Nov 1, 2008.

1. andyns

andyns New Member

In my opinion, Rory Delap is the most valuable player in the league. Nobody effects a game, an opposing team, the way Delap does. Imagine his influence if he was on a GOOD team!

I was going to make this post a couple days ago, but now he has setup 2 goals against Arsenal, I felt compelled.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

One
    Trick
    Pony

3. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

So's Beckham - all he does well is kick the ball.

Darn effective trick, though.

4. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Wenger crying about how they narrowed up the pitch and then waited around and packed everyone in the box.

Keep crying Arsenal - You will win nothing..... again.

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Sounds like a Spurs fan to me!

On to Delap, every week Stoke say "there is more to us than throws". I'm sorry, no there is not. Not to say they aren't effective but that is all you got.

6. Jensers

Jensers New Member

I would agree with you - that is their main weapon, and it may be the one thing that can help them stay up.

That being said - from what I have seen, Fuller is dangerous. He seems to draw attention... I hate the ear-rings tho.

7. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I soooooo agree with you. Very distracting!

8. Jensers

Jensers New Member

I am not sure why they let him wear them... He is a little old for ear-rings anyway.

For men - I think there should be an age limit for ear-rings. Once you are over 23 - no more.

This is kind of from left field, but is there a rule about tattoo's? Obviously there is not a league rule, but do some clubs require that tattoos are not visible?

9. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

The Denver Nuggets :lol:

10. BarryP

BarryP New Member

With the Iverson trade that rule should be easier to enforce now.

11. Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln

Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln New Member

I love the strategy. It isn't just Delap's throws with a trajectory reminding me of Favre pass. It is the work of the players in front of the goalkeeper, blocking his vision and proving a nuisance in the same way a hockey player would block a goaltender during a power play.

It works not just because of Delap. It works because the other Stoke players in the box know exactly what their roles are during the throw in.

My hat is off to Pulis and Stoke. They know their strengths and do everything possible to maximize them.