Ronaldinho to Chelsea next year

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Fulhamburger, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

I saw on the espn news bottomline that Ronaldinho is moving to Chelski beginning next year on a deal rumored to be over a 100 million. Barcelona still has to agree to the final bits and pieces of the transfer.

I thought with the Special One leaving that Chelski would fade away, but that is not the case. Now I honestly don't see Chelsea dropping out of the big four, which I thought would happen.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

so.. what your saying is he plays Defense, too? "We got Ronaldinho.. the rest of you guys can take the day off!"

As long as Romanski is pulling this crap, Chelski is gonna fade. Might be sooner, may be later.

You can buy players but you cant buy a team, you have to build a team.

3. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

RE: Re: Ronaldinho to Chelsea next year

To true...I hope to high heaven you're right!!!

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

As much as most Fulham fans want to see the demise of the Evil Blue neighbors, let's be honest, money does talk. The closest analogy in american sports are the Yankees. While they haven't won the Series (once the postseason starts, budgets aren't as big a factor since only good teams are left), they are in the playoffs every year. Certainly the Czar of Chelski's meddling ways will cause turmoil, drama, and less silverware (maybe). However as long as he's willing to put in reportingly this type of cash (he'll buy a defence) they're not going anywhere anytime soon.

'Big Money done a power of good, big money makes mistakes
    Big Money has a heavy hand, big money takes control
    Big Money has a mean streak, big money has no soul...
    -Rush

5. jmh

jmh New Member