Review: Skybus

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Jul 5, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

No frills with a difference.

If you make reservations {that means BUY Tickets} early enough, you may get your tickets for $10.

EVERY amenity comes at a {reasonable} price. You pay for each checked bag. You pay for any food or drink {tipping the Flight Attendant is also encouraged}

You pay extra for priority boarding. But it works great.

All new planes, sadly Airbus, but they are comfortable and the seat design gives you legroom, while row spacing is same as other planes that seem cramped.

NO Call Centers or phone support PERIOD!!! All internet including check-in and bag checking. You buy what you want on the net. At the counter they scan the bar code on your boarding pass, which you can also print at a kiosk at the airport, and you get the ordered service. No questions, no arguments... it's all there.

Skybus also sells advertising space on their planes paint jobs.. Nationwide Insurance sponsors the plane I flew from Columbus to SoCal - Bob Hope airport, Burbank.

Note: The 'Inflight Mag' isnt a mag, it's a catalog and 'menu' and you ARE NOT encouraged to take it off the plane, they collect them for re-use.

It is, of course, a Columbus based airline. Screw you, America West... you had it and you blew it!

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I heard about this airline on CNN or NBC news recently. Sounded too good to be true. Glad to hear it all worked well for you Jim. I will be flying Eastern Europe's equivalent to this over Christmas when I get on a plane from Poland to London for less than $100 round--trip with taxes in that $100. A great deal.