Red Bull Arena

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by dave2d2, Jan 30, 2010.

1. dave2d2

dave2d2 New Member

2. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Looks good! A lot better than RBNY look, that's for sure.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The New York Red Bulls of New Jersey.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Stadia: Getting there is half..

.. the fun.

Wonder why Red Bull Arena is so sparsely settled?

Here's a clue
    Now I havent google-mapped the area, but it seems to me that if it's a five minute cab ride, that would be a 15-20 minute walk at most.
    ...IF YOU PLAN FOR IT..
    So there's not a real problem getting there. There's the prospect of another walk back to a station that isnt equipped for the crowds in the first place.
    Just TOO MUCH aggro!

And all this on account of a 'suspicious package'. Bloomberg would respond that some New Haven dwelling fortyish accountant probably did it, but it doesnt matter who... the jihadists have won and there's no getting around it, and no 'plan b'.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

I'm not singling out, here, BTW. When the Fire relocated to Bridgeview, the complaint was it was too much a journey for most in the Chicago Metro area. And parking costs.

Dallas fans complain about the location of PHP. Looking at the map, it doesnt look so hard. To my sister in W FtW, it definitely does.

Meanwhile Columbus fans complain that they MIGHT have to walk through mud for five minutes to get to their cars - $10 parking - within a long fly ball distance from MLS' first stadium
    I recall my self-amusement when we visited my son.. thirty seconds after leaving his house we could have seen HD Ctr with a good pair of binocs. Forty minutes of driving -in LOW traffic, no snarls- later we were in the the parking lot.

It is what it is.

5. Jensers

Jensers New Member

RE: Stadia: Getting there is half..

All that after watching a late winner by my Sounders... Yikes - they are lucky there wasnt a riot.

As an FYI - Seattle is not too hard to get in and out of as long as you dont park in the garage... once you get near the stadium that is.

For Big Big events you have to be creative when getting near the stadium or you will be parked on the freeway at the obvious exits.
    As an alternative - you go one or two exits away and take 2nd or 3rd option surface streets and you literally drive right up without any trouble.

6. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Good tactic Jens. When I lived in Seattle, I did a good bit of business with a company whose shop was at 4th and Holgate, just south of the Safe. They gave a number of us a pass to use their lot off hours. Even though I had a season parking pass for the Safeco parking garage (through work), I used their shop lot b/c it was infinitely faster to get out.

7. FulhamDC

FulhamDC Active Member

Stadium Issues? Did someone mention stadium issues?

Signed,
    Soon to be former DC United fan