Ramsey case

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by dcheather, Aug 17, 2006.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Not sure if this is really should be "World News" and I usually try to avoid tabloid news stories, but this case and story has caught my attention, just like the Richard Jewell and the Olympic bombing story.

It bugs the crap out of me on how quick the media and public eat all of these stories up so quickly and are so quick condemn those in the spotlight. I'm glad that our court system does not operate on the presumption of guilty before proven innocent--at least it shouldn't. This story is a perfect example of this.

Who knows how quickly this case may have been solved if the police department was more open minded about the investigation.

The most tragic thing about this is the mother never lived to see her daughter turn 16, nor see her daughter's murderer be brought to justice. Instead, she lived under public suspicion for 10 years and passed away due to cancer.

I suppose I just wish the media, politicians, and some members of the public would show some temperance when these stories pop-up, but I suppose that would be too much to ask. :|

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

The story so far about this guy seems a little fishy. Not to mention he looks really wierd.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

It doesnt look fishy, at all.

Oh, gee... why was he in Thailand?

What is Thailand notorious for.....
    The entire PD investigation team should be fired, retroactively.
    And the town is in danger of bankruptcy sometime in the future, when he wins his malfeasance suit.

The police did the right thing in looking at the parents, first... but should have kept their minds open to other possibilities, but I guess they never watched 'Law and Order'.

4. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

That's my point, seems the situation and backdrop is set up a little too well. Not saying it wasn't him, but seems to fit the profile too perfectly.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

SOMETIMES, PCB.. things are exactly what they seem.

I think that will come out... he's a self-knowing psychopathic type. They WANT to get caught.

6. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

True, he seemed like he was enjoying the camera time. Freakin' weirdo.

7. TonyTX42

TonyTX42 New Member

You're exactly right about this. We're so ready to sensationalize things in the media because, unfortunately, whoever has the most sensational coverage wins the ratings (aka $$$) war.
    Imagine, if you will for a moment, if this man were black. Can you then imagine how many news outlets would immediately jump on the race angle, just to be that much more sensationalist, even though it obviously would have NOTHING to do with race? And who would be the first to show up outside the courthouse? Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton?
    It makes me sick to think that we're so hungry for "the next big story" that whatever is in the least bit controversial becomes blown out the window with all the coverage that's given--through EVERY media outlet! I want to go back to hearing about Paris Hilton's exploits; she makes me sick, too, but at least no one gets killed when they cover whatever stupid thing she's done lately!