Ramos is out and Redknapp is in at Spurs

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by BarryP, Oct 25, 2008.

1. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Tottenham fire Ramos, Comolli and first team coaches effective immediately.

Hopefully Pompey will be in a bit of turmoil for Sunday's match.

2. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

wow. nothing like waiting for the least opportune time to pull the plug.

even compared to american sports, is tottenham the worse run team?

3. Jensers

Jensers New Member

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!!!!

Someone who can speak English, Someone who understands the English game, and we got rid of Comolli!

YES YES YES!!

During his interviews, one of the first things he talked about is the "Soft" Spurs midfield. NO KIDDING! Welcome Harry! Now get us out of this mess!

Only person I fret about it Poyet, but he should have a good chance to move forward if he wants - I believe Newcastle would take him.

4. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Well, I guess Tottenham won't be on the bottom for much longer. This should help us tomorrow I would think.....well, let's hope anyway.

5. Lyle

Lyle New Member

What a fiasco Spurs are. To hell with those imbeciles. Like Harry Redknapp, but Spurs will still suck and possibly go down this year.

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Wow, my trip to Pompey today should be interesting! How depressed will their fans be?

As for Redknapp and spurs, don't get your hopes up yet...Harry ONLY does well with the players he picks...

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Pompey should have seen this coming. He dumped them once for Southampton. I'm just stunned at the timing. Right after an ass kicking in Europe, and the day BEFORE a league match.

Harry's a jumped up East End barrow boy and he has no class. I still think that Spurs will stay up, but I can't believe they signed Harry.

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Something don't smell right. Exactly how long have clandestine talks been going on? The fact you can steal someone's coach in the middle of a season is wrong, let's hope Harry has as much success as he did at Southhampton (soory Jens).

9. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

This stinks to high heaven. How long were Sp*** tapping up Arry before this signing? This just didn't happen overnight.

Hope Mike is right about Arry only doing well with his players.

As far as Timmy's point, is it true that Newcastle, Spurs, and the Knicks were all separated at birth?

At least The Good Guys are catching Pompey at a most opportune time.

10. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Well... Looks like Bentley is good on the right after all, and I finally saw a match where Modric showed why he had a 17 million price tag.

Granted - the 10 men and the PK made the match safe, but it is a win!

Gomes is SCARY! He is looking every bit as shaky as Robinson... I was waiting for the number 2 to get called into the match!

But the 3 points are a glimmer of hope!

11. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Can't you just see ol' Arry in college football. Nick Saban and Bobby Petrino have nothing on him.

12. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Oh well, one can still hope Redknapp gets relegated!

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Uh, Jensers, three seasons ago Bentley became only the 2nd player to get a hattrick against ManUre in the Prem. So, yeah; he's pretty good on the right.

Bye-the-bye, it's Bentley, SWP, and Walcott who should convince anyone who's paying attention that there's no chance of Beckham in South Africa 2010. England is FAT in right side attacking midfielders.

Damn; hijacked myself!

14. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Don. Beckham will still make WC2010. SWP and Walcott are the same type of player and Becks is better than Bentley when you're down a goal with 10 minutes left and need some quality balls into the box. THAT's while he'll be in the WC2010 team...sit the bench while England is winning and come on when they need a miracle.

15. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Hmmmm...

I think the young talent needs to get the nod, but at this point I wouldnt be surprised if becks is there... I am not sure why his stock is so high - but when he has been brought in we have seen him deliver some decent "golden" balls... so who knows.

Sorry Mike - I know you hate my spurs posts and dont understand how I could follow 2 clubs... But from where I am sitting it is no conflict of interest.

BTW - Harry may have been tapped up for some time - call me naive, but I dont beleive that to be the case.

I am buying the company line that Ports was hard up for cash. I would also assume that Spurs had been trying several other manager options, but when nobody was interested, Harry came into the picture, and it happened just that fast.

Whatever the case may be - I am happy to have him because I have wanted someone who understands not only the english language, but also the english game. Also - we got rid of our Director of Football, and if we bring one on I would hope that it would be someone of Harry's choosing.