Radzinski

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by omsdogg, Oct 23, 2006.

1. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I just wanted to say that I think we should recognize the great job that Radz has done. Considering all the negative treatment we've given him in the past...much of it deserved...I also think we should recognize the fantastic work he's put in the past few games. What's impressed me the most has been his willingness to track back defensively and then make attacking runs back up the field after we win possession of the ball back. Watch the next match...and you'll see just how much ground he covers. The cross to Volzy was fantastic....and he's shown a good ability to hold the ball up until help arrives in the attacking third. I hope he keeps his spot in the lineup when Boa returns, because I truly feel he's been that good for us. Now if he can just find the back of the net and get some confidence on goal, what a revelation he could be.

Also....Claus was terrific again. I love his ability on the ball...he's on of our best players technically...and w/out Bullard we need him on the pitch. Great job Claus!!!

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I liked him on the wing the last couple of games, and I'm all for giving him some props.

The only thing he really lacks is bulk. He's not really strong enough for a central striker role, although he can be deadly in front of goal.

A few years ago when he was partnered up with Joe Max Moore at Everton, they had the speed and the guile to drive defenders nuts, but a couple of good big center halves like Zat or the Ferdinand brothers could muscle them out. But when Radz is on the wings, he's great. That pull back on the goal line against Charlton was class as was his cross to Volzy at Villa Park.

When Boa gets back, if healthy and motivated, I think he's got to start, but like Boca and Volzy, Radz has had a lot to do with how well we're going through the injury crises.

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Radz is no Boa. But nowadays Boa is no Boa either. Let them duke it out once Luis is fit. And maybe keep a look out for the transfer window.

4. WonsanUnited

WonsanUnited New Member

Radzinski is doing a very good job setting up McBride, Helguson, and Jensen. He's been doing a great job on the wing and I hope they'll keep him in a few games when Boa Morte comes back.

5. BC

BC New Member

I've been impressed as well. It's great to see him step up when needed. That's part of what's making this year's Fulham team good.

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Somehow I think there's more to it.. along with him getting comfortable in the role, I have a feeling he's 'auditioning' for Toronto.. to my knowledge they have yet to sign their 'Marquee' player.

7. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Auditioning for Toronto...ha,ha, the absurdity of that statement is hilarious! Thank you Fog.

8. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Re: RE: Radzinski

I thought De Rosario was going to Toronto? Would you consider him a "marquee" player?

9. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Re: RE: Radzinski

PCB.. see you caught that, if he hadnt improved his showing lately that what it would have been.. BUT Radz at Toronto is not a matter of 'if' but 'when'.

Rosario may, or may not, go to them.

10. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

how old is Radz? when does his contract expire?

11. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

He is 32. He will be 33 in December. His contract runs out after this season.

12. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

then it's safe to say he's more than likely finishing up his career at Fulham. Maybe that's part of the reason he has played so well....kind of like big 7 footers in the NBA in the last year of their contract. hahaha

13. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I just want Radz to score, he creates opportunities for himself but rarely takes a shot now a days. Although to be fair, he did have a hell of a shot against Charlton?? I think...it was closer than it looked.

I'm not convinced we'll re-sign him unless he steps it up some more and shows he's worth it.